Gas at $4.00 a gallon, food prices rising, pillows costing $7.00 on airlines, is it any wonder that "staycations" and "cocooning" have become buzz words recently. With our current economy, more and more people are choosing to stay at home and making do with what they've got. Decorating your home is more important than ever now. With Fall just around the corner, our thoughts turn back to sprucing up the inside of our homes.
While you may not feel you need a full interior decorating job, many decorators can work with you on an hourly basis for such things as: window treatments; paint color selection; accessory shopping and placement. Interior redesign utilizes furniture and accessories you already own but perhaps placed in a different way so that you see it through fresh eyes.
Some fresh tips to get you started:
- Toss pillows and throws in the dryer on a "fluff" (no heat) setting with a fabric softener sheet.
- Clean your windows, inside and out.
- Have your carpets cleaned.
- Change out your artwork.
- Paint a white room a warmer color using one of this year's new colors, such as a golden yellow or a browned-down orange.
- Purchase a few new throw pillows in Fall's warmer colors to cozy up your seating pieces.
Photo courtesy Pottery Barn
Our homes are truly our sanctuaries from all that is going on in the outside world; why not make it that place you can come into, close the door and go "Ahhh".
Copyright 2008 Creative Home Expressions ~ Kathy Passarette and Creative Home Expressions are located on Long Island, New York and offer interior decorating, home staging, interior redesign and color consultations. Please visit our website at http://www.creativehomeexpressins.com/ for information on our services and fees.
Post a Comment