Thursday, August 6, 2009

~ A Bright Spot On A Dreary Day ~



I don't know how the weather is by you, but today it is cloudy and rainy here ~ a very dreary day. I thought I would share some eye candy with you from a website that I enjoy visiting ~ Susan Goldstick, Inc.



Susan Goldstick, Inc., has THE loveliest cabinet knobs and pulls, finials and banister balls, bottle toppers, genie boxes, tiebacks, furniture and more. Prepare yourself for a deluge of delicious eye candy!



Furniture


Rods and finials


Cabinet knobs {in many sizes}


Tiebacks


More tiebacks


And, again


Cabinet knob


Assorted items


Cabinet knob


Genie jar


Genie jar


Finial


Drawer pull


Bottle toppers


Bottle topper with pedestal

Cabinet knob


Here is just a bit from the "About" section of the website:
In 1992 I introduced "house jewelry" - a group of ten distinctive cabinet pulls sporting names like Merlin and Aladdin, each lavishly colored in hues of emerald and amethyst. Hand sculpted and embedded with Austrian crystals. I thought of my creations as little treasures and I loved photographing them. (They're still my favorite subjects.)

These bejeweled cabinet pulls were forerunners to an exciting and innovative concept in decorative hardware; bringing focus to the small and precious detail. Interior designers, kitchen planners, cabinet makers and absolutely anyone who enjoys beautiful things, are among the many whom have discovered the challenge and the magic of decorating with the knobs.

The collection has now grown to include more than 100 different knob styles in an endless array of color possibilities from our special color palette. Plus we've added drawer pulls, decorative drapery hardware, lamps and even furniture! Like the knobs, our furniture is a work of art. Painted with layers of lustrous color and fanciful details, each piece is adorned with the knobs. It's the perfect harmony!

I'd love to get one of her items for a giveaway! Hmmm, I might just have to look into that {although, it would be totally hard to give it away!}.

All photos are from the Susan Goldstick, Inc., website.

16 comments:

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

wanted to come by and welcome you to my blog. I have been enjoying yours as well. I love the knobs, they look like christmas balls to me. Don't be a stranger!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi! Thank you for coming over! I'm really looking forward to reading through your blog. I saw some great pictures that caught my eye and I'm hoping to read the posts in depth this weekend.

Susan @ HOMEdigz.com said...

Bling baby! Thx for the visual trip! :)

Nora said...

They take me to a land far, far away... ; )

DesignTies said...

Very fun knobs, finials, etc.! They could really add some whimsy to a room, hey?

Happy to see you over at DesignTies today :-)

Funny how you noticed I was wearing Kelly-Purple! I distinctly remember putting that new (at the time) top on and thinking about how she would love it! HaHa! I like that photo of me, too (I don't generally like my pics)... and it makes me miss my dark hair!! I've recently had it lightened even more so I'm looking distinctly blonde now. I'll have to take a pic for Facebook so you can see.

Glad you enjoyed Michelle's renderings! She really is fantastic!

All the best,
Victoria

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ha! Susan, you're great! Bling, indeed.

They are kind of fairy tale-ish, Nora!

Yes, every room needs a little bit of whimsy, Victoria. Definitely, put a pic up when you can - I'd like to see how you've progressed. I just go a little lighter brown each summer {mainly because the sun wants me to!}.

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Kathy,
You are one of the two winners for my Birthday giveaway!!!! Congrats!
I'm so happy for you!

E-mail me "amiller45@ec.rr.com"

Have a blessed weekend.
~Warmly, Melissa:)

All of the finials and pulls are so detailed and beautiful. Love them all! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank you very much, Melissa! I am thrilled to hear it.

Unknown said...

LOVE susan. When I lived in N california I used to go to her showroom all the time. Thanks for stopping by! I so agree that an all woman biz is an awesome thought. That is one of the reasons I started band of barbies. I wanted a place for women entrepreneurs to go.We are just as good at running a biz. If I had a dollar for every time I was called a bitch Id be a millionaire!

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Thanks for stopping by today as it brought me back here for another look at those knobs...

Amy {The Red Chair Blog} said...

These are fun! Very regal!

DesignTies said...

Oh yeah, a giveaway for one of these pieces would be awesome!!! :-D

I absolutely LOVE the purple & aqua finial -- and coincidentally, I've been toying with the idea of decorating our dining room in a purple & aqua scheme :-) Maybe it's a sign!! :-)

I might actually get my home office project finished soon -- provided hubby makes that desk he's been planning to build for the last year!!

Kelly

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'd love to see some of these items in person, Amanda. Thanks for coming over!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They are fun, Amy; good way to describe them! I would be happy to use one of those finials just as a decorative piece somewhere.

I am so into home offices, Kelly; I can't wait to see yours. I don't think I had mentioned, but I liked your lettering mural - very different and creative. Why am I not surprised that there is purple involved in your dining room thinking? : ) Could be quite glam!

Carma Sez said...

Those knobs are great! Remind me of something out of a fairy tale.

I am always amazed at how such a small thing can make a huge impact :D

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Gosh, Carma, I thought I acknowledged your comment, I'm sorry. I kind of am reminded of MacKenzie-Childs stuff, but not, if that makes sense. I would get the topper with the pedestal and just put it on a shelf!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...