Saturday, August 22, 2009

So, I Embellish A Little

Here's a little decorating tip I wanted to share.

This is a picture of the linen closet door in my master bathroom. Exciting subject, I know. This is the only room in my house that does not have stained trim or doors. When we did this bathroom I really wanted to do a cream color on the doors and trim, and play with it a bit. This was a typical, hollow core, unfinished door ~ probably the cheapest door you can buy.


I found these wood embellishments {unfinished} at Home Depot to dress up the door. After painting them the same color as the door, I put one in each corner using wood glue.


Here's a close-up of one of the top corners.
The one in the middle just fit the width of the door.
I really like the outcome and the style they add to our master bathroom. Simple, inexpensive things can change a whole look.

10 comments:

Jo said...

I love it! I too have seen those at HD and thought they were lovely but, didn't know what to do with them or where to put them ~ thanks for the ideas!

Chandra said...

great idea for use on all of those wood embellishments that I see in Home Depot! I like the faux finish too.

Tiaa @ EYInteriors said...

A nice way to spruce up a door. Get post Kathy!

Cottage Rose said...

You are so right,,, just a few add on and you have a whole new look and feel.. I love the door and trim..

Hugs;
Alaura

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I used to stop and look at them all the time when I would go to Home Depot with hubby, Jo, but never had any actual projects in mind, so I just passed them by. I was glad I got a chance to use them.

Hi Chandra; good to see you! Thank you! They probably work well on furniture too.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank you, Tiaa!

Hi Alaura! Thank you. I think it would be fun to try these on other things too, maybe a plain armoire {which I happen to have} or a chest.

Design Esquire said...

You did a beautiful job! Also, I received the package in the mail, and I love it! I just did a post on it. Thank you again.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

Great door, very french, love it. Your coffee table sounds like it is dress alot like mine. thanks for playing.

Decor To Adore said...

I love this! It is so do able! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks Christine!

Thank you @ Room Service!

Absolutely doable, Laura! If I could do it, anyone can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...