Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Decoupage Day

Well, actually decoupage night since I do most of my crafting and projects in the evenings and weekends. I thought this would save on sponge brushes and maybe I'd get a little more done in one sitting. I had whatever projects would require some Mod Podge prepped and ready.

So, I painted what needed painting, picked out scrap book papers for each project and cut what needed cutting. In assembly line fashion, I'm working on these projects.

Monogrammed napkins on plastic white dishes:



Plastic dish from Target and Monogram napkins from Home Goods. I'm making two of these. I first saw this project on Melissa at 320 Sycamore's blog {thank you Beth!}.





Love the scrolls and the fleur de lys!



The plaque portion of my "P" monogram plaque:






This is everything unpainted. I love these little appliques ~ they really add a nice touch. Everything here got a coat of black paint.




I don't know why this posted sideways, but this is the plaque ~ painted and with its scrapbook paper ready for Mod Podge.



The base of my "Family" sign from the dollar store:





Tomorrow is Glue Gun Night, when I hope to put the finishing touches on some of these projects as well as a few others that just need putting together. Hopefully, I'll have all these projects completed so that I can share them next week and link up to some blog parties!



14 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

If a ton of either people have already said this, I apologize. Comment moderation doesn't allow me to look intelligent ;). It was Melissa@320 Sycamore who did these cute plates. I know it so well because she inspired me to do my own version of a cute monogrammed plate. Your projects look fabulous. You are the black and white queen and it always looks chic and sophisticated! Can't wait to see them all done.

House Queen said...

Oooh...what a teaser! I can't wait to see the finished products! I am sitting in my basement now trying to work on a few myself!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Ack! Thank you, Beth!! You are a lifesaver with that info and I've updated the post with it.

Jane said...

You are very ambitious! Look forward to seeing the finished projects.
Jane

2sisters said...

What an awesome and efficient idea!!!

Stephanie @ A Fine House said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the finished projects! Just yesterday I found a tutorial online using christmas napkins on small ceramic tiles to make coasters. You gotta love mod-podge!

Melissa said...

Good luck with all of your projects~it looks like you'll have a great time!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I am looking forward to seeing your plates when they are finished. Love that whole idea!

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

Kathy. You are killing me. Such a tease. I finally finished my table. I'll give you a hint- you love the design. I already know it!

Donna @ Paisley and Perspective said...

You are teasing us -- can't wait to see the finished product! How inspirational ...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I can't wait until they're done myself, Misty!

The sad thing, Jane, is that not one of these things is a Christmas gift. They are all for me. Well, except one of the monogram plates ~ one is for my daughter.

Hellow 2sisters! I am hoping that if I do things this way it will be a better use of my time. Until I put something on the wrong project.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I do love Mod Podge, Stephanie! I just have to get the matte one, I think. I have the gloss one and I think the matte might be better for certain projects.

Thanks, Melissa! I was so worried I was going to mess up the monogram plate napkin, but I got them both on the first time. I was extra careful though!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, Lisa! It will be fun to try and decide where I want to put it once it's done!

Who's teasing who, Norma Lee? : ) Now you know I'm dying to see your table!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, Donna! Of course, it would be better if I got in gear and did my planned Christmas present projects instead of making stuff for myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...