Wednesday, November 4, 2009

5 Things You Didn't Know About . . .


This week we are visiting with Chris of Just A Girl.



Favorite music--U2 is a constant for me. Always has been; always will be. However, I'm madly in love with Beyonce. Everything she sings just turns to gold. Love her!

Where would I live--I took a "girlfriend" trip to Italy with some other women about 8 years ago, and I swore it would be my life's goal to get back there some day. It is by far the most beautiful place in the world (because, you know, I'm a world traveler and all :) Florence, Italy. No doubt about it.


Favorite cocktail- Uh oh. I'm not a drinker. My friends tease me because my idea of a good wine is Riunite's Lambrusco. I went to a party one night and walked in with what looked like a jug of it under my arm. My friends have NEVER let me forget it. However, I got the last laugh 'cause it was only $9.00, and it lasted me forever! :-)

Best advice - Even though it went against a lot of thoughts the women in my family had, my mom ALWAYS told me, "NEVER marry for money." She would say, "Have your own job, bring home your own money, and feel a sense of validation because you can make it with or without a husband. I certainly didn't want to attend college full time while I was nursing a 5-week old, but I just kept thinking about how proud I would feel when I earned that first paycheck. That very same paycheck paid for Italy, by the way!

Person I admire - I have to admit that I simply admire characteristics of different people. Even the people I admire most have horrible faults, but I'm always drawn to people who want to do what's right and what's good, and those who believe things can be better than what they are.

Chris is hosting an "I Can Make That Party" on her blog on Monday, November 9, 2009.


I hope you've enjoyed our visit with Chris. Be sure to come back next week for "5 Things You Didn't Know About . . . " someone else!

Don't forget to enter my Special Birthday Giveaway ~ it ends tonight!



8 comments:

Abatevintage said...

Hello I love your blog, what a fun interview U2 is great.

It was lovely to meet you stop over and see me sometime.

I am having a little giveaway be sure to enter.

Blessings,
Heidi

Tammy@InStitches said...

I didn't know Chris yet, I'll have to stop by her blog.

Maureen said...

Your mom and I are on the same wavelength. I have three daughters and my greatest wish for them was to be independent. And that is my greatest success.

Beverly said...

I love her answers...except the U2 thing....LOL

Design Esquire said...

Your trip to Italy sounds wonderful, and your mother's advice is even better.

The Stylish House said...

Hi Kathy,
I love Italy too! It has such wonderful art and architecture and great food! My favorite city was Venice and hopefully I will return someday.
Your mother sounds like one smart cookie.
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the introduction! I just got back from her blog and it's fabulous so I just had to follow. :-)
pk @ Room Remix

Chris said...

Thanks for doing this, Kathy! It's a great idea, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...