Friday, November 20, 2009

Frugal Fleurs

I spent some time with my daughter Wednesday evening at a gluten free cooking demonstration at a bookstore that, happily, was a few doors away from our local Joann's. Without a list and measurement of things, I was really unprepared for a trip into Joann's, but {sigh} I forced myself.

They really had some lovely Christmas decorations out ~ really large ornaments, large pair of bells, bows and more. A bit rich for my blood at $25.00 and up, but it did lead me to a clearance shelf where I found this:





My daughter was quick to point them out to me because she knows I love them. They only had the two and I grabbed one ~ and took about 10 seconds to consider if I should just get both of them. Yeah. I did. I couldn't just leave one behind ~ what if no one bought it.







On clearance at $5.97 each, originally $19.99 each. A real steal as far as I'm concerned! These will be making their way into my living room refresher.

Hooking this find up with Frugalicious Fridays at Finding Fabulous.



This week's giveaway will end at midnight, so make sure you enter!







19 comments:

One Cheap B*tch said...

I really need to go shopping with you. These are great!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

They are very hip right now! What a great find.

Jane said...

Those are lovely and at almost 75% off it was a great buy!
Have a great weekend.
Jane

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love the finials, they will look wonderful anywhere. Can't wait to see what you do with them. Hugs, Marty

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Oh, I'd like a pair please. They will look great with the colors you are bringing into your living room. If they were mine I'd be tempted to give them the rub n' buff treatment! Janell

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

What a great deal! I love those!!

Dena Pickle said...

Awesome find! I love fleur de lis items too and would definately gotten both!

Dena
Thanks for visiting me everyday! I look forward to seeing your comments!

LouLou said...

ok, I think we may have been separated at birth...You are gonna giggle when you see what I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby Wednesday!

Room to Inspire said...

Oh a woman after my own heart! I am going to have to fit a Joanns run into my schedule. I can't wait to see them in your living room - I know they will look right at home. Have a great weekend!

Chelsea

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Great finds Kathy!!! You are one lucky girl...I can't wait to see where they end up!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Wonderful find and at a great price too!

2sisters said...

I love them!!! I know I love them, because I bought one just like it a couple of weeks ago at my JoAnn's. I was LOL when I saw your post. I think I only paid $5 though, sorry!!!
teri

Jill said...

I love them Kathy! I need to get my rumpus over to our JoAnn's. =)
~ Jill

Melissa Miller said...

Oooohhhh what a great find Kathy!
I adore fleur-di-lis! :)

Maria Killam said...

Very french and will look great on a bookshelf or anywhere :) Such a bargain!

Unknown said...

What a fabulous find!

Aaron said...

Great find! My husband is from Louisiana and we have little fleurs de lis in a few places in our house.

Jane B. said...

Kathy,

Oh those are some fabulous finds...love em'! And I can't wait to see your living room update too! Thanks for linkin' up to FF!

Jane @ Finding Fabulous

Heathahlee said...

You know, I have a fleur just waiting to be made into a tassel...

; )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...