Sunday, November 8, 2009

Mood Board Monday ~ A Lady's Study




Tracy at Comfort & Luxury has chosen the inspiration pieces for this Mood Board Monday, which she is hosting this week. Thank you, Tracy!


I love using chairs because they are so versatile and can move around as you need them. I decided to go with The Antwerp ~ from Anthropologie. The blue grey background color and feminine shape inspired me to go with a study/library for a woman. Budget is not an issue {let's pretend we all won Lotto}. I did this in photoshop and it does not appear to enlarge so I picked out a few of the items and put the pictures in below the board.



I liked both draperies shown so I put both in as options. The paint color is Sherwin Williams' Moody Blue {which is the background of this collage}.

One of the three books pictured

One of the two decorative plates
Area rug


Upholstered bench

Table lamp

Here is the breakdown of sources and pricing:

Antwerp chair ~ Anthropologie $1,698.00
Drapes ~ Anthropologie $108-148.00
Decorative plates for mantel ~ Anthropologie $198.00 each
Table ~ Anthropologie $3,298.00
Decorative Books ~ Anthropologie $20.00 each
Mirror ~ Anthropologie $298.00
Chandelier ~ Anthropologie $898.00
Fireplace ~ Horchow $1,999.99
Table Lamp ~ Horchow $595.00 each
Bench ~ Horchow $1,099.00
Bookcase ~ Horchow $899.00
Faux plant ~ Horchow $525.00
Espresso Hardwood Flooring ~ Mannington $unknown
Area rug ~ Nilima Rugs $unknown
Paint Color ~ Sherwin Williams' Moody Blue


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect chair for a woman's study, and I love the way you thought of everything, even the fireplace! Like the idea of giving options for window treatments, and that ottoman is really fun too. I tried to click to enlarge but nothing happened. That happens on my blog too, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but I don't know why. Great job Kathy!
pk @ Room Remix

Tracy Watier said...

Kathy, I love all your choices... especially the table and bench... and that you wrapped the whole room in such a beautiful blue. Such a warm, restful space... just what a study should be.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, PK! I tried resizing the picture of the board in Photoshop but it's not working out. I took a few of the items though and put them in separate below the board.

Thank you, Tracy! I did love working with this color ~ so soft ~ and a study was the first thing that came to mind.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

How gorgeous!!! I love the bench and the lamp!!! All of the color and fabric choices are beautiful...any girl would be lucky to have this office for her own!!!

Love it!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Oh...I almost forgot...Thank you so so so much for mentioning my giveaway on your site!!! You are such a sweetie!!!

Thanks again!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Abatevintage said...

Oh this is so neat, the items chosen look so wonderful on the board. They look delightful colorful and full of holiday spirit even.

Blessings,
Heidi

Decor To Adore said...

Love, love love! It is such a good thing that dreams are free. :)

Sarah said...

Hi, Kathy! Yay for the Antwerp!!! I went with this chair too, its just so unique and fun. Loved that you used that pretty shade of the blue for the walls too. I would love to read or work in a study like this, wow!!! You've thought of everything. Great mix...I'm digging that light fixture and the decorative plates. Beautiful!!!

Karen said...

This is so elegant. The bench and plates are my two favorites.

Liz @ It's Great To Be Home said...

Love the rug and the bench - can I move in?!? :)

Averill said...

We must've been on the same wavelength, Kathy! I love how you did a more feminine take on a study here. The blue-gray wall color is fantastic and that Horchow bench is TO DIE FOR.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thank you, Cathy! I enjoyed putting this board together.

Thank you, Heidi! I felt that there was a softness to it that said "study".

Absolutely, Laura! In real life, this would be way out of my budget!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, Sarah! I could actually see myself in a room like this.

Thank you, Karen! I really like that the color would pop up in the other items I picked.

Ha, Liz! Thank you, I had a lot of fun with this. Tracy did a great job picking the inspiration chairs.

Thank you, Averill! I think many of us were taken with the softness and feminine lines of the Antwerp chair.

Roeshel said...

You did a fantastic job! What a gorgeous study! I love the bench, decorative plates and area rug you chose. Everything looks so pretty. :)

Roeshel

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kathy, you really put a lot of thought into your board & it is beautiful! Love all the details of this study.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks,Roeshel! I could only imagine putting a room like this together in real life!

Thank you, Rhoda! I even had a picture of the woman whose study this would be in my head!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a gorgeous space. What I wouldn't do for a space that was all mine!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...