Friday, November 13, 2009

Frugalicious Friday ~ A Sign

I'm hooking this post up with Frugalicious Friday hosted by the Fabulous Jane at Finding Fabulous, where everyone can link up their own frugal and fabulous finds, and we can all oooh and aaah over them.




This find is not from Target, Goodwill or the dollar store. This fabulous find is from Ballard Designs ~ that's right, I said Ballard Designs. Frugal fabulous finds are relative to where you find them ~ right?


I was browsing through Ballard online and found this Create sign in the Estate Sale section ~ $24.99 originally $45.00.


This sign is a good size too ~ 6 inches high, 27 1/4 inches wide. Walk with me into my great room/den {we just call it the big den}. This is where I put it for now, with my real thought to purchasing it for my future home office.



I also added two more of those panels from Target that I posted about here, on the french doors to the backyard. My son {of all people} had asked if I was going to put panels here. I don't know why I didn't except that I thought the curtain rings that we had put on a PVC rod under that wood cornice were removed. They were still there! You can't tell from these pictures but I have verticals stacked back behind the right side panel.



Since I took down whatever decor I had up there when I staged our house, I think this will work for the time being, and I was really happy with the price. Now it's off to see everyone's finds!


15 comments:

Design Esquire said...

Looks great! It's too funny that your son asked about adding panels there, at least you know how good they look if he notices!

Jane B. said...

Oh Kathy, I love this sign! What a great find, and yes...great finds are relative to where you find them, great point! I love your fabulous finds girl!

Jane

Abatevintage said...

I love the signs they are great.

Have a wonderful weekend.

BLessings,
Heidi

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Love the "Create" and at a great price!! The panels look fabulous and I have a son who does that too! He will also come in and look at something I have done and say "Why did you do that?" I hate when that happens!!

Have a great weekend!

Lou Cinda :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, Christine! He's a very practical person, so I'm sure that's what his thinking was. I'm glad I listened to him though!

I did check your guidelines anyway, Jane, because I almost wasn't going to post about it!

Thank you, Heidi! It will be nicer once I add a little bit more to the top of that cornice with holiday decorating.

Hi Lou Cinda! I'm glad he gives me his input; he has also been my assistant on decorating jobs on occasion, so I like to think he's picked up on some things. I'd would probably even consider what he says if it was a "what were you thinking?" type of comment too!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

This looks great Kathy!! Those curtain panels are gorgeous and the create sign looks just right where you placed it!
Thanks for leaving such a kind comment on my blog.

Wendy said...

Kathy, You have a great eye for design. I have been enjoying going through your posts.
I love your fabulous find!!
Wendy

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Don't you love a bargin? I often check out PB's 75% off section, but rarely remember to check BD's sale section. Thanks for the tip, the sign looks great and inspiring!

Don't you love it when children notice things you wouldn't think they would be considering?!

Have a great one! Janell

Dena Pickle said...

What an awesome find! I love Ballard Design, one of my fav's.
Thanks for stopping by, in answer to your question I'm loving the long bang, it is just long enough to tuck behind the ear when I'm typing!
Have an exceptional Day!
Dena

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

It looks great above the doors. The panels really complete the "picture".
Really looks wonderful.

Greet Lefèvre said...

Kathy,
It is always so nice if you can find something you love and it is at a good price! I know that feeling!
Lovely those letters!

Greet

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks, Karen! The top of that cornice looks like it needs more now since I put it there {although it looked okay with nothing on top}. I may need to move the Create sign.

Thanks very much, Wendy, for your kind comment!

Hi Janell! I'm the opposite; I forget about the PB area online! Must check that out this weekend though.

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I will be checking these post out. I love a good deal better than anyone. Thanks and yours looks great.

Jenn @ Livin' the Simple Life said...

Nice find! Who can resist a sale? I just grabbed a few things from Pottery Barn's sale section and I can't wait to get them! :)

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

This looks nice, Kathy. I love letters--so graphic.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...