Friday, July 20, 2012

Apron, Apron, Who’s Got The Apron?

I do now, and so does my daughter, after finally utilizing Miss Flibbertigibbit’s apron tutorial.   I saw Lorraine’s apron and tutorial a few months ago and printed it out to make “some day”.  While going through my husband’s ties and pulling two out for the Goodwill box this past weekend, I decided to use them as the apron ties instead.

DSC08539_7591

I found a pair of jeans of  mine that I don’t really care for and cut the back and front to use, keeping the pockets intact.  Add in some fabric from my sewing room that I cut with pinking shears to keep me lazy and not have to sew a hem for the ruffles.

DSC08542_7594

I used some owl fabric that I had left over from when I made my daughter a pillow for hers.

DSC08541_7593

I put the ties through the loops and then just sewed the ties in place along each side on both of them. 

SONY DSC

DSC08545_7597

For mine I used a grey and white striped fabric, also pinked at the bottom.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

And there you go! Two aprons from a pair of jeans, two old ties and some fabric in my stash.   Cost = $0.00.

SONY DSC

Mine will come in handy soon since I will be attending an Annie Sloan workshop.  If nothing else, maybe I will look like I know what I’m doing!

SONY DSC

29 comments:

Lorraine said...

Those look great Kathy! OK...I can quit now that I'm worthy of copying I guess!! LOL Great thinking to use the old ties! Love that idea!

Sonny G said...

oh my- how cute is that~!

love what you made

Inmaculada said...

ohhhhh¡¡¡¡¡ muy buena idea, me gusta.
besos y buen fin de semana.......

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh how fun, I love them. So cute. Hugs, Marty

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

These are incredibly fun and you certainly can't beat the price! Perfect for an AS workshop. I'm sure you will learn tons. I'm not a painter but I admire those of you who are! Happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend...Ann

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well now, how terrificially cute is that!
Brenda

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Love those, and the cost.

This N That said...

WOW..How cute..What a great idea..I have several pairs of jeans I could contribute...

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Those are adorable! I need to go pull out some of those jeans sitting in the bag in the corner of the dining room- only been there a couple of months.... Sorry, GW, keeping them after all! :)

Donna, The Decorated House said...

Hey Kathy~
As soon as I saw the pictures, I was thinking what a fun "tool" belt! And I see that's what you are thinking as well for paint brushes etc. Those could really come in handy. Have a great weekend~

Ivy and Elephants said...

These are super cute, and so easy, just my kind of project! We'd love to have you link them at WIW, their awesome!
Hugs,
Patti

BECKY said...

These are sooo cute, Kathy! And I'm sure you could give the chalk paint folks some wonderful interior design tips!! And you'll rock that chalk paint...I just know it!
Hugs,
Becky

farmhouse-story said...

these are so darling, karen! the ties are such a clever idea, too:) you'll be styling at that paint class!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What more can you ask for....cute, cute aprons for free!....Love them!!

Little Miss Maggie said...

These are soooo cute. What an ingenious idea. Love them.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I just love this idea! You'll have the cutest apron at Annie Sloan!

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- Those are just darling! I love both of them and they are perfect for an Annie Sloan workshop. xo Diana ps...BTW, do you know that all the replies I make to your comment bounce back to me that your email is unavailable? Just wondered if you knew----

Okio B Designs said...

So cute! Send me a picture of you guys wearing them!

Jeanine

Crafts a la Mode said...

We made these, too, my sister and I. We put a ruffle around the whole jeans section. I like yours better. I think I'll try another one like you did. I like the longer ruffle, too. Best wishes, Linda

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love this! Wish my cheapo sewing machine would sew denim :(

shabbyfufu said...

Soooo SUPER CUTE!!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

So cute! You can't go wrong with ruffles!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Very creative!

xoxo

melissa @ daisymaebelle.com said...

What a great way to make an apron! I have made several using old skirts, but never blue jeans. So cute!

awal.ny said...

The aprons are just darling. I think my daughter would wear them as a skirt if left together.

The Painted Garden said...

Hi Kathy,
So nice to meet you and visit your charming blog. Thank you for the nice comments you left on my blog.
Oh my goodness - I do not sew but your two aprons are so adoraable I want to learn so I can make one.
Thank you for sharing.
Blesings,
Erin

DIYbyDesign said...

Those are so super cute!! Great project.

Pam Kessler said...

Those are so cute. You did a great job!

John West said...

They are very cute. As always, you did a great job kathy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...