Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summer Cloche Party

While I’m taking a break from linky parties for awhile, I couldn’t miss one of Marty’s cloche parties.  I got a few new ones since her last party and you will also see some that I always share.  I like the way they are set up so that’s how I leave them!

SONY DSC

The one above is one of my new ones.  I got it at the Springfield Extravaganza this past May, along with the clock faces sitting under it.  The small cake pedestal was from Tuesday Morning.  I had the clock tag in with my supplies and thought it suited this cloche! 

SONY DSC

Another new one is this wire bird cage style with pedestal, which I showed you recently.  I have this one on our kitchen counter and I’m already starting to plan out how I want to decorate it for Fall. 

SONY DSC

I found this glass dome at Salvation Army.  I believe it was $.75.  I added in some of the word balls that I have had stored from when my large dome broke in our move. 

SONY DSC

The last new one is this teeny, tiny one I found at a lovely shop that my friend Sue took me to.  There was even one smaller than this one!  I have it sitting on a pretty little plate I just received from a blog swap from Deb of Garage Sale Gal, along with a beautiful cut crystal shaker.  It just fit under there! 

SONY DSC

The wire bird topped cloches I got this year ~ one holds a transferware topiary I ordered from Nancy and the other a faux succulent.

SONY DSC

Right next to those is a small glass one on a wire stand holding some eggs at the moment.

DSC07227_6291

And I still have my wine cork cloche going strong!

SONY DSC

Over in the living room, things haven’t changed much.  I still have the PB Santos ornament under her cloche. 

SONY DSC

I put a trio of my document fabric hearts under this large glass dome; I change this one out often.  I’m planning on something spooky for it for Halloween this year and then it will probably hold some kind of Fall filler.

SONY DSC

The bunnies are still hanging on the opposite side table.

DSC08605_7680

I still have my mini cloches holding eggs on the tray in my master bedroom. 

SONY DSC

Lastly is this one I put together from Goodwill finds ~ a glass dish with cover and a sundae glass.  It sits in the guest bedroom holding a little nest and egg and a hydrangea bloom.

I’ve got plans to change a few of these out once Fall hits with all the seasonal décor.  Thanks for hosting this always-idea-inspiring party, Marty!

 

29 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful Kathy. You sure have a nice variety!~

Clara said...

Hi Kathy!
I love all of your cloches But I especially love the topiary one you got from Nancy. I have a thing for topiaries.(:
~Clara

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You have some wonderful cloches!

DIYbyDesign said...

Just beautiful. I love all of your cloches and what you have them filled with.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I love each and every one of you cloches! They show so much creativity!
Brenda

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I so love your whole cloche collection. Everything looks magazine perfect! The one with the word balls and the one that's like a bird cage with the nest and the little wreath are my favorites. ~ Jamie

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

So many pretty cloches, Kathy! I love the little one with the salt shaker...classic! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, I love all of your pretty cloches displays! You have some wonderful things poked under them too.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Fiona Larsen said...

Wow! Thanks so much for the wonderful cloche inspiration ideas! What a wonderful variety. Thanks also for visiting my site and your lovely comments on my studio space. :)

Pamela said...

They are all so pretty Kathy!! Hope your week is going well. I try to response to your comments thru my email but every time they get kicked back to me for some reason!:(

Paula@SweetPea said...

You have such a nice variety of cloche sizes and so many interesting things displayed. I love your newest one with the clock vases.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
You have some wonderful cloches. The black wire ones are the same as my white one. Mine was black to begin with but I painted it white. The transferware topiary is sweet and I love the big birdcage one. Thanks so much for stopping by to see mine. I am your newest follower. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what a great collection and they are all fabulous. I love them. I really like how you have them displayed all over the house. Such a great idea and filled with such interesting displays. Thanks tons for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Hi Kathy, what wonderful cloches you have and I love all of the things you have tucked inside them. I especially love the clock facings.
Hugs~~~ Daphne

This N That said...

What pretty cloches..You have a wonderful variety and have found very interesting things to display.

Olive said...

Fabulous collection Kathy. Love the numbered balls especially. Cloches are so much fun.

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Wow, you have a lot of great cloches and all so nicely decorated. I wanna' go shopping at your house! :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Wow girl friend, you sure have a great collection of cloches! I love them all, specially the wire one, I wish I can find one around here. They're all gorgeous, though! Thanks for your sweet and kind visit.
FABBY

Donna, The Decorated House said...

What a collection of cloches you have Kathy! I love how you found something wonderful and different for each one.
That tall blue green one is delightful.

Unknown said...

Sumptuous! That is the word I think of whenever I visit your blog. Your collection of cloches is inspiring! I think I need a folder on my desktop just for the ideas I have saved away to use in my daughter's home. She has used your "by the door" dresser remake with lamp, and we have learned how to group the few items she has by studying your photos. Thanks for all you share! E

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They're all so cool, Kathy. The teeny one is really cute. Oh, I just wanted to tell you, occasionally, I have trouble replying to your comments. Sometimes I get a failure notice. Not sure why, but wanted to let you know.

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

The bunnies are so cute!! I found myself worrying if they are getting enough air! Great post.

Gail said...

I love them all Kathy! You have them all so beautifully displayed!! Enjoy your day, Gail

KimMalk said...

You certainly have quite the cloche collection--I didn't realize it! I really like the top one with the clock faces--I always think the space needs to be filled. You're right, the tag is perfect. (Sorry it took so long to get over here, I tried to reply to your email, but it bounced back.) I hope you are having a great summer. I appreciate your on-line friendship! Hugs, Kim

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

You are so talented at cloche vignettes Kathy! They are all so lovely! I have replied to your emails recently too and they have bounced back..you may want to look into that! Hope your week is fabulous! Angie xo

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, I love those clock faces in the cloche! Your wire cloche (the one like I also have) is decorated so beautifully. Made me look so sparse. I need you to come decorate mine. Love the tiny cloche with the salt shaker under it, and all of the eggs under glass. So many great ideas in this post. laurie

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I follow you on Bloglovin'.

Thanks!
lindahobbs53 at sbcglobal dot net

Sue said...

Well, you know I love the mini one! The clock faces are cute, too. I have had company and have been so busy that I missed the cloche party. Am going to have to start painting my piece for our workshop! I'll talk tonya soon. :-) Sue

Lady of the Woods said...

oh all of these are wonderful! do don't have enough of them it seems yes? I got a couple more since the party and I'm in love with playing with them again, and I needed to be in love these days! lol....I'm going out to get a base for some tiny ones I have...thrifting....thanks for visiting.....love your ideas especially the cage one with the greens in it! swoon! lady

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...