Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello Coco!

I decided it was time to try ASCP’s Coco.  I ordered a sample size from Robyn Story Designs {my local places don’t carry sample sizes}.  I thought it would work perfectly for the little accent table in our sunroom. 

DSC08455_7511

Oddly enough, its original green color went very well with the green that was in the sunroom before. 

DSC08454_7510

Since we painted the sunroom SW Interactive Cream and the furniture is in shades of tan/gold/beige, the green didn’t work anymore.  {The bookcases normally butt right up against each other, but we will be getting new flooring in here and they are still on furniture movers from the painting}.  This is the new wall color.

DSC08537_7610

I decided to pair the Coco with some Old Ochre I still had in a sample pot; doing a two-tone color combo like the green had been done.  I used the Old Ochre on the top portion {I had just enough left for this}.

DSC08525_7581

Then I did the Coco on the base.  I have to tell you ~ I didn’t like it.  Coco is not one of my favorites and I think that’s the first time I’ve said that about the Annie Sloan paint colors I’ve tried. 

DSC08524_7580

So, I wound up dry brushing the Old Ochre over the base of the table.

DSC08530_7586

DSC08531_7587

DSC08532_7588

I left the top as it was {no drybrushing}.  It is still drying here.

DSC08533_7589

I wanted to do a graphic on the top as well and chose this one from The Graphics Fairy.  

Paris-Wreath-Printable-GraphicsFairysm

I have been wanting to try the Splendid Blenda pen transfer method that Rosemary introduced blogland to.  Here is the image after doing the transfer.  I had hoped that it was just wet and would dry, but it seems to have changed the color of the chalk paint.  I’m hoping the next steps will fix that.

DSC08538_7590

I let everything dry and set up for a day, and then I came back in and did both clear and dark waxes {both Annie  Sloan brand}.

DSC08578_7634

DSC08580_7636

The new paint color has refreshed this little side table!

DSC08576_7632

DSC08455_7511DSC08579_7635

Quick update: For those of you who may have me in your address books, I have a new email address ~ kpassarette{at}yahoo{dot}com.   I’ve noted it on my sidebar.  Still trying to update it in the non-blogger blog accounts.  

29 comments:

Inmaculada said...

Menudo cambio el que le as dado, te ha quedado preciosa.
besos y feliz semana.....

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love how your table turned out! I have been trying to find one of those Splendid Blender pens. Can you tell me where you found yours? Thanks!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Kathy!

I really like that color! And the graphic fairy graphic adds the perfect touch!

blessings,
karianne

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Nice job on the table Kathy. Charming!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Nicely done update, kathy!

I love that Coco colour!

Debby said...

Sue just bought the Coco color last week. I like the finished project. I finally got some ASCP and can't wait to ty it.

Dianie said...

Kathy, I really like how the table turned out.
the first time i saw the coco i was in love!!! I cant wait to try it on some of my old tables.

I have never tried the transfers before, but I think it looks like fun. I'm going to head over to the link you provided :)

~Diane

eleven-o-one said...

The table turned out great! And I like how you dry brushed over the Coco. I used Coco on my son's bed and loved it. (I did a two tone on it by using dark wax on some parts and just clear on the other.) I am - as I type - painting Coco on the built-ins in my dining room. The jury is still out on that one...we'll see how it turns out. Hope you are having a great summer.
Fran

Sonny G said...

I think this is my fav or the furniture you've redone. truly beautiful Kathy.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love it. You did a fabulous job. Love the transfer too, I think the color looks amazing. Hugs. Marty

DeeDee said...

You did an awesome job and it turn out perfect...

Cynthia said...

I LOVE this table!!! It came out so great and the transfer is gorgeous. I love the color coco. I have used it on a project for my great room post.

Great job.

Cynthia

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

That table turned out beautifully. I haven't tried either of those ASCP colors, yet. Nor have I tried the pen transfer method you referred to. Have you tried the Citra-solv method?

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh Kathy...that is why my response to your comments have been coming back...you have a new email address!
Love the table...you always do such great work!!
Beautiful table...love the colors!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

That is absolutely charming! I love the shabby finish and the graphic is perfect! :)

This N That said...

Wow..what a wonderful look..I have some pine pieces that I would love to make look like that or the white/cream that everyone has..Just don't have the nerve or the know how!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your chalk painted table turned out lovely. How much was the sample size paint/ I want to try it so bad but just don't want to spend so much!

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous job you did. The paris transfer from Graphics fairy just makes it perfect!

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

That table is adorable! I would not have thought of the graphic, but it adds a lot! Linda

Blue Creek Home said...

I love how the table ended up. I have a sample of Coco. I use it in small doses with French Linen - don't know that I would like a whole piece done in it though.
Great job on the transfer. I guess I will have to order one of those pens. I have checked Michaels and H.L. and no one knows what I am talking about!!
Rhonda

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy, I love the little table. I would like to try the transfer you did. I went to Rosemary's link but couldn't find anything about how to do the transfer. Could you HELP?? I'm just starting to do some transfer on fabric and stenciling too. I would love to do it on furniture as well. Thanks, Faye

Unknown said...

Kathy, I had the most fun enjoying every single inch of your creative workspace. It's amazing! I can picture you now sewing and thinking of new ideas to share with us. You are one creative woman! Elizabeth

Michele Smith said...

Your table turned out fantastic!

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, you've done it again...what an awesome make-over! I love the graphic you put on top. I purchased a Splendid Blenda pen too but have yet to try it out. It's on my list of many things to do/try!! Hope you are having a wonderful day, Gail

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

The table turned out beautiful!!!

Dee

Little Miss Maggie said...

First of all, I love the new look of your little table, but I want to know what you think of the Splendid Blender. Did it dry? The final pic looks like it did. Great job on the table. The coco color looks gray but I think of coco as tan or brownish. I have not been able to reply email to you and now I know why. I'll note the new address.

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest table! I love it! You did a fabulous job on this transformation! The graphic is adorable! I'm not a fan of CoCo either!

Unknown said...

Love, Love, Love this! You have a real talent for paint! May have to steal this one...

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I love your table! It's just perfect looking what you've done with it. The colors are beautiful and the transfer looks amazing too!! I hope you're having a wonderful summer. ~ Jamie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...