Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New In The Shop

I wanted to share with you a few makeovers.  If you remember, I had a banner day at Goodwill a few weeks ago.  One of the things I found was this cheese dome.

DSC07953_6970

And this frame, among other things.

DSC07933_6939

I wanted to show you their makeover here, because once they go into my Etsy, no one gets to see them.  Here is the cheese dome made over.

DSC08012_7026

DSC08014_7028

DSC08018_7032

The frame was reincarnated into a magnetic memo board.  Since it is a 5 x 7 it is the perfect size for a desk, counter or table top display.  I love the idea of using it in a home office or craft room. 

DSC08393_7448

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Provence with clear and dark waxes, with a French document paper, topped off with a crown!  Comes with the three magnets pictured.

DSC08395_7450

In addition to these makeovers, I also made a few tea towels to use up some leftover ruffle I had.

DSC08308_7367

DSC08312_7371

These two made it to the Etsy shop.  This one below did not.  I was very disappointed.  As you can see, the transfer did not come out very clear on the lettering.  I just figured “Oh well, I can keep this one”, although I will try the image again for Halloween items.   

DSC08303_7362

DSC08307_7366

Then I thought that if anyone was interested, I would offer a good deal on it {$5.00, plus $2.00 shipping}.   It is 13 x 31 1/2 in., including the ruffle.  This will not be going into my Etsy, so if anyone is interested please email me.  Otherwise, I just got a new Halloween decoration!

DSC08324_7383

I also always add a wide assortment of tags ~ from birds to florals to a variety of French documents.   These are great for so many things.  For scrapping, as a bookmark, in place of a tassel, hanging off just about anything, and as gift tags.   Everything in my Etsy is 30% off until July 15th!

 

16 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Great makeovers Kathy! Love the frame.

Jane said...

Very pretty makeovers. Love the colors you used!
Happy 4th.
Jane

Okio B Designs said...

Love the frame makeover! Too bad about the towel. It doesn't look that bad but I understand about not adding it to your shop. I would just keep it. It looks sweet for Halloween.

Jeanine

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Kathy, The tea towels are so cute and I love the frames. Have a wonderful 4th of July.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Cute! Love those tea towels! Happy 4th!...hugs...Debbie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great makeovers, Kathy. I love that image with the crown and the wreath. Your fancy little cloche turned out great too.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I see you're busy too, Kathy. Let's get those shops filled up. I love your makeovers.

Michele Smith said...

Cute! Love the spider towel.

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, You're so talented! All of your projects turned out so cute! I love the cheese dome! The towels and tags too. That magnetic board is very cool! Have a wonderful holiday. ~ Jamie

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

You must not sleep, Kathy! Everything you create is beautiful and has a love look to it. I've been meaning to tell you I received my bunny hang tags, and they are SOOOOO DARLING!! I'm anxious to use them, and then again, I don't want to give them away. :) Some with American flags would be reaaly great for this time of year; do you happen to have any? Great creations, Kathy! ~Zuni

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your tea towels are darling...nice post featuring your Etsy shop. Best of luck with your sales!

NanaDiana said...

What cute, cute makeovers and I LOVE your towels- xo Diana

Kelly said...

You are so talented to be able to make all of those cute things! I really love the transformation of the cheese dome and picture frame. Your tea towels are so cute too. I'll go check out your Etsy shop since you're having a sale.

Sue said...

The memo board is a really fun creation, Kathy! And of course, I love the color. Trying to stay cool- have been outside picking up debris from the storm. It is HOT!!! I don't want to go back outside.....
:-) Sue

Debbiedoos said...

Oh how pretty Kathy..you know I love the colors!

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

Beautiful makeovers Kathy! Those tea towels with the little ruffle on the bottom are just darling! You have so much creative talent....sewing, painting, decorating! Angie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...