Monday, November 18, 2013

Mirror, Mirror

The other day I told you about an estate sale I went to last week where I found a few things.  There had also been a mirror, well, two mirrors, that caught my eye.  Both were round and one was more ornate than the other.  I was drawn more to the ornate one, but I was not looking to spend $65.00 for it.

SONY DSC                        

The second day of the sale, I went back.  I had been thinking about the mirror for most of the night and how it would look in our dining area.  I figured that if it was still there and they dropped the price,  I would get it.

SONY DSC

It was and they did!  I wound up getting the mirror for $40.00.  I removed the three mirrors I had put up here originally and hung my new beauty.  I had to spackle some holes from the other mirrors {which you can see here}, but I love how it looks on this wall.

SONY DSC

The rabbit prints will be coming down, but I will wait until I have the replacement item that will be taking their place.  A close up of the details that I loved so much.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This is how the area looked previously with the trio of mirrors.  This is from last Fall.

SONY DSC

I had thought I might paint this new one, but I’m kind of liking the gold.  I think I will live with it this way for awhile before I make any decision on that.

SONY DSC

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

 

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pretty gold mirror, Kathy. It reminds me so much of one I would gaze at in my great aunt's home. Beautiful!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh i love your new mirror, it is fantastic. The detail on the frame is so beautiful and the reflection of the rest of the room is so pretty. Great find. Don't forget to link up to Inspire Me this afternoon. Hugs, Marty

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathy,
I just love your mirror. I found one similar to it he other day and painted mine white.
Your home looks so lovely.

hugs
Sissie

Unknown said...

I love vintage mirrors! I paid 70 Euro for mine so I'd prbly pay $65 for that one too, it's beautiful. And I can't imagine painting over it! Love it!

Sonny G said...


very pretty Kathy..looks great over that table and with the items you are using on it.. new treasures are so much fun...

I have the same trio of mirrors you were using before. I'm sure I'll find a spot for them at the new house.

come visit this afternoon. I'm posting inside photos of the townhome we are buying..
see ya soon:)
hugs

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love that mirror! And I love the color just the way it is!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

She is a beauty...love the way she looks!

Karen said...

Wow Kathy that is gorgeous. I love the way it looks in the room. It is pretty in gold but I think it would be beautiful no matter what you decide.

Okio B Designs said...

It's fabulous! Looks like it was meant for that space. I like it gold too.

Jeanine

farmhouse-story said...

great bargain, kathy:) i have a hard time passing the ornate mirrors, too:)

Unknown said...

great find love how it looks in the gold

JP said...

Brass and gold are on my list of loves...fantastic deal, lucky you it's beauty!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Simply gorgeous and what a great deal you got. So glad it was still there. It is a beauty and I love the details on it.
Hugs

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I kinda like the gold too-a lot! It is nice to see gold coming back again-who knew? lol

That is just gorgeous and it fills the space beautifully. Good buy! xo Diana

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Gorgeous mirror, Kathy- you scored a great deal!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love that mirror--$40 is a really good price for it. It looks great where you put it. Enjoy!

Marianne said...

Your new mirror is a great enhancement, much more so than the old ones.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It's really pretty!!!

Cynthia said...

Kathy what a beautiful mirror. I love the ornate ones.

Cynthia

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
This mirror has such a beautiful style and it looks wonderful in your home.

Blessings,
Linda

Anonymous said...

Love it! Please don't paint it. It looks gorgeous!

Tea in the Library said...

Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...