Friday, November 15, 2013

Estate Sale Finds

SONY DSC

Tuesday I hit an estate sale on the spur of the moment.  I’m glad I did because I found some nice things and they won’t even require much {if anything} in the way of makeovers. 

SONY DSC

I found these two stools, the little one and one with a fabric covered seat.

SONY DSC

A good cleaning is in order, but I think I’m going to leave the little one “as is” and see how it does in my booth. 

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

The fabric covered one I will take apart and recover, giving it some fresh batting.  The base I will leave alone here, too, since it looks in good shape and is already white.

SONY DSC

This great clock.  Love the look of this and it is also already done in an antique white.  Of course, it is a plus that it actually works!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

This wood box.  It was found in one of the bedrooms, so I’m wondering if it was a jewelry box.  Another one I’m just cleaning up and putting into the booth “as is”.

SONY DSC

Finally, this sewing themed pattern fabric.  I love the blue and white.  It’s in excellent condition and I love the pattern.  This one will be going into my Etsy.

SONY DSC

It makes me wish I had a window in my craft/ sewing room because I think it would make for a cute valance or cafĂ© curtains. 

23 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Super finds, love the little stools and that fabric is perfect. Hugs, marty

Sonny G said...

Great find Kathy,
I love the clock and divided storage box.. so pretty

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, you find the best treasures to repurpose. Love the fabric.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs

Okio B Designs said...

I just love that clock!

Jeanine

This N That said...

Love the stools..Can't wait to see what you do with them..

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kathy, you found some great items! I love your stools! I painted one just like the larger one- too funny. The box and clock are treasures too. It's a good thing you stopped!

NanaDiana said...

Those are really great finds, Kathy. Love I LOVE that fabric- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Hey, you got some really great finds there! Excellent!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Great finds Kathy. You are so good at finding treasures for your booth.

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

You scored big time Kathy!

Hugs
Sissie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great finds...Funny we both did stools this week. I would try the little one too before redoing it. And the clock and oh love the fabric

Carol

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You scored some goodies! It sure is nice when you don't need to do any repairs or painting. Love that fabric!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

great finds! Not sure if I have shared this tip with you or not but if you want to "freshen up" the little white step stool a s bit, take some white paint onto a sea sponge and sponge lightly around the flower and on the legs. This just helps to "clean" it up a bit, but doesn't take away from the shabby look! That clock is great!

Rhonda said...

Treasure hunting is the BEST. You have found some wonderful treasures. Love it all!!

Connie said...

Wow!!! Aren't you happy that you stumbled across that sale. You did good girlfriend :)

Anonymous said...

Those are some fantastic finds, Kathy. I love the clock and fabric. Can't wait to see the stool when you recover it. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

You found some great items! That fabric is fabulous.

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Nice finds, Kathy.

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

I love the clock and the blue fabric. The fabric would be adorable in a kitchen! Great finds as always. Have a great week, Kathy! ~ Jamie

Karen said...

Great finds, and what great luck they don't need much work at all.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh such great finds! The jewelry box is my favorite!

Have a lovely week my friend. :)

bj said...

I love all your great finds...the tiny stool is a little milking stool, I think. So sweet.

and, brrrr, I noticed you woke up to SNOW....xoxo

Tea in the Library said...

The fabric is darling. Love the clock! The box reminds me of a tea caddy but not sure if it's deep enough.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...