Friday, November 22, 2013

My Favorite Chair

I was excited to find out that One Kings Lane has a new Home Décor Resource that offers lots of information and inspiration, especially on chairs.

I was thrilled when they invited me to share my favorite statement chair.   That chair is my black and white wing back chair that I got from Pier 1 a few years ago.

SONY DSC

I coveted this chair for the longest time and kept waiting for the price to come down so I could get it.  Finally, it was being discontinued and it was “now or never”! 

SONY DSC

This chair became the starting off point for the new way I wanted to go in our living room at our old house ~ black and white.  I was able to transfer that same direction when we moved a couple of years ago and this chair has become a nice feature in our black and white living room scheme.

SONY DSC

This chair also became a favorite of my granddaughter; from the time she was an infant and loved being on my shoulder while I sat in this chair, looking at the black and white pattern, to this day, where she makes herself comfortable in it when she is over.  She loves the high back, as I do.

SONY DSC

Using the new resource at One Kings Lane, I was able to find out that this chair is considered to be in the William and Mary style, which states:

“Tall and narrow chairs aesthetically fit between the soaring sash windows of the day: high, straight backs and subdued curves graced the legs and arms seen on upholstered loveseats and settees. Upholstered easy chairs and “sleeping chayres” paved the way for upholstered loveseats, with rich trimming and high backs ideal for blocking drafts.”

SONY DSC

I think this resource could be a valuable tool in helping find styles of chairs that I like, as well as pinpoint just what style a chair is.  You may even find the chair you love!

I have not been compensated in any way, shape or form by One Kings Lane for this post.

 

19 comments:

Little Miss Maggie said...

What a terrific chair, Kathy. Your chair may help me decide which direction to go in my living room. I have been betwixt and between for too long on where to start. This may help me decide.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

That chair is AWESOME, Kathy!

NanaDiana said...

That looks like a wonderful, comfortable chair. I love that your granddaughter has an attachment to the chair, too. xo Diana

ps- I sent you a separate email, too, but am headed out so will check back later to see if you got it-

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy I just adore your chair and the style. Congrats on being asked for your review on One Kings Lane. I also have a wing back in a guestroom but not the black and white that I so love. I would love to have mine reupholstered.
I missed this one at Pier One. Love it in your living room.
Thanks for sharing your info too.
Hugs

chateau chic said...

Your chair is lovely, Kathy! I seem to gravitate to the wing back (as I've always called them) chair because they are timeless as far as I'm concerned and very comfortable.
Mary Alice

Cynthia said...

Kathy, I LOVE this chair and what a statement piece!!!

Cynthia

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I can see why it's your favorite chair. Love it too.

hugs
Sissie

This N That said...

Love it Kathy..Yes , I had two W&M Chippendale chairs..One man sized and one smaller..

farmhouse-story said...

it's a pretty chair--i love tall backs, too. that foot stool is adorable, kathy! have a great weekend!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful chair…and great to have a resource to research your chair!…Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Love your chair. And the fact that it's a favorite of your grand daughter makes it priceless!

Cat-arzyna said...

Very nice pattern, your armchair is pretty !
Hve a good day

designchic said...

What a great chair and can't wait to head to One Kings Lane to read about their chairs! Happy weekend ~

Okio B Designs said...

I do love that chair too!

Jeanine

Tea in the Library said...

Congrats! Love the chair.

must love junk said...

Your chair is so pretty, and your black and white space looks great! :)
Susan

Decor To Adore said...

This is a fine chair indeed. I love the lines of it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

Debbiedoos said...

That is one fine looking comfy chair Kathy! Love the print and fabric. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

It's a very pretty chair. I was asked too but thought it was a strange request. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...