This is a good DIY project and not too expensive either. The molding for this project cost about $60.00. We have one long mirror that goes down the whole side of one wall over the vanity area in the master bath.
To break up that length, my husband made frames so that it would look like two hung mirrors. We chose a decorative molding and he mitered the corners. You could use those wood rosettes/blocks also. Here they are pre-painting to check for fit.
He glued and stapled them (from the back at the joints) together.
When the glue dried, I painted them with Old White chalk paint.
And applied clear and dark wax. I used the dark wax to bring out the detail in the molding.
What a difference it has made!
I love the way the frames turned out and we were able to complete this over a weekend. This is just a sneak peek right now until I get the bathroom back in order.
I hope to have the full reveal of the bathroom soon! I just had to paint the cabinet (you can see what it looked like when I got it here) white, which set me back a few days. And, of course, I have to accessorize!