Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dress Up A Heart Shaped Candy Box

Now that I’ve safely mailed out my Valentine’s Swap goodies to my partner, I thought I would share how I embellished a heart shaped candy box that I had saved from last Valentine’s Day.  I pulled out the box, which was very plain and with no embellishments on it, as well as some red eyelash trim, and some red and white gingham fabric scraps.

SONY DSC

This box was used to hold some of the little goodies I sent to my partner.   I made the red and white gingham fabric into a ruffle, which I hot glued to the bottom of the heart box.

SONY DSC

I attached the red eyelash trim to the lip of the lid with hot glue.  I think these two things alone added some pretty to this plain box.

SONY DSC

For the clear cellophane “window” of the box, I cut some music scrapbook paper to fit and Mod Podged that on. 

SONY DSC

On top of that I added a doily I had gotten from a swap partner in another swap.  I then added an image that I printed out that I saw my partner had pinned on her Pinterest boards.  I still felt like it needed something, so when I found this red flat trim (in with my other trims) I decided to hot glue that around the inside of the heart.

SONY DSC

I think it really finished it off nicely!  I had a lot of fun embellishing this plain box.  Plus, I’m glad I got to use a lot of stuff that I already had in my supplies.

SONY DSC

A neat way to repurpose and reuse those Valentine’s candy boxes!

18 comments:

Okio B Designs said...

So sweet!

Jeanine

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! You are so creative and I just love this sweet Valentine box you've embellished! Did you ever make Valentine boxes from shoe boxes for school when you were little? If you did, I'll bet yours was the best!
Thanks for popping in to see me and you know what? I'm really enjoying the snow and I can just sit here and see out into the backyard and look at all of that snow and just smile. Hubby has to get out in it a couple times a day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sherry said...

This is so neat!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

It's beautiful, Kathy. You did a beautiful job!

vivian said...

Turned out beautifully kathy! I ate four little boxes of choc so I could decoratethe boxes! Lol!
Xoxo

Createology said...

Valentine Heart Bliss. Great transformation.

farmhouse-story said...

such a sweet way to recyle, kathy! very cute!

Scrap for Joy said...

How lucky is the recipient of this beautiful box....oh wait!, that would be me!! It is even more lovely in person than the pictures show. Thank you for showering me with prettiness in this swap!
xoxo
Joyce

Laurel Stephens said...

This turned out so pretty. (I didn't know it was called eyelash trim.) How thoughtful to use an image from your partner's Pinterest board.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

This is Great!! I am always saving boxes - I just never do anything with them….This was a perfect way to personalize it and "pretty" it up!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

How so very pretty!...I am sure the recipient is thrilled to receive this most beautiful heart box...you did a wonderful job Kathy!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, oh this is too cute. Love this and what a great way to repurpose a candy box. Your swap partner will just love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs

Cynthia said...

Kathy this is just too cool. I LOVE it!!!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

You make a valentine treasure, Kathy! Your box is beautiful! I love this idea to recycle candy boxes!

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

I switched computers and I think this will work! Yippeeeee! I don't know why I didn't do this before.

Anyway, very cute, and it's a great way to reuse a candy box!

Little Miss Maggie said...

Very cute, Kathy. I remember making Valentines when I was a child. Oh how fun it was. I think it's wonderful to do these things as an adult as well. It keeps us young.

JP said...

What a sweet transformation, Kathy....I really need to upscale my heart, candy box next year for sure!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Wow that is so cute! You know I love a good upcycle!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...