Monday, February 9, 2015

Painting and My Swap Gifts

At the time you are reading this, I should be finishing up the new cabinet in our bathroom.  Even after sanding, the paint didn’t look like it was adhering very well, so I wound up going out and getting some chalk paint in Pure White. While I’m doing that, I thought I would share with you what my Valentine swap partner, Joyce, sent to me.

SONY DSC

Joyce is so very talented!  She made a beautiful heart with a pocket that I hung right up on the French doors into our sunroom.  I was admiring these on Pinterest, too!

SONY DSC

She also made me this Cupid ornament, which I promptly put up on the mantel.

SONY DSC

Joyce also made this beautiful card.  Love it!  She also sent along some wonderful goodies.  Look at those beautiful gloves!  My 4-year-old granddaughter has already laid claim to them for dress up.

SONY DSC                        

The pretty little box sitting on top of the gloves held more goodies ~ some ribbon, lace and a cloth tape measure.

SONY DSC

This lovely image held a chocolate bar from Germany.  That was gone within 24 hours!  The packaging was so pretty that I had to keep it.  Next to that, sitting on top of the pretty paper Joyce wrapped everything in, are some vintage looking stickers.

SONY DSC

This great little French themed tin basket/container held even more goodies!  Some wonderful tags and papers; some vintage Valentine’s and pink tickets. 

SONY DSC

I don’t have a lot of Valentine themed craft supplies so these will be a welcome addition to my stash!  Thanks so much, Joyce! I just love everything!

 

15 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I've had sweet Joyce for a swap partner!! She is a great partner, as you now know!! Lots of goodies for sure.
It was a nice swap.
Happy Valentine's day.
warmly,
deb

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Wonderful goodies, Kathy! Such a fun swap!

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

What fun goodies you received! Can't wait to see how the painting turns out. Good ole' chalk paint is my go-to when nothing else wants to adhere as well.

Createology said...

Oh My it looks like Joyce really outdid the swap and sent along some fabulous pieces of HeArt. Creative Valentine Bliss...

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Awesome gifts from your swap partner. My favorite is the little box. I am now following you.

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

Too bad about the paint not adhering. I know how frustrating that can be, when all you want is for something to be finished. The ASCP should do the trick.

You are right about your friend. Very talented!

Becca Bertotti said...

What fun, Kathy ... you were spoiled with such sweet goodies! Happy Valentine's Day!

Scrap for Joy said...

You are too kind dear Kathy. It was a pleasure to create for you!
Happy Valentine's Week!
xoxo
Joyce

farmhouse-story said...

such sweet vday gifts! happy valentines day!

Anonymous said...

What a fun idea! Your gifts are lovely! Happy Valentine's Day, Kathy!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Looks like lots of fun ephemera to play with! Love the hanging heart, too!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, your sure received some wonderful goodies in your swap and your partner is very talented. Love the heart pocket hanging.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs, CM

Cynthia said...

What beautiful things you received. Very talented.

Laura Turner said...

What wonderful treats! Lucky you. I'm going to join in this swap next year! Happy Valentine's Day!


Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What lovely swap goodies! Love that pocket heart!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...