Thursday, February 19, 2015

First Batch of Needle Books

I’ve listed my first batch of needle books in my Etsy and just had to share them, because they are just so darn cute!

SONY DSC

These are the first few I finished.  I have more on my sewing table waiting to be put together.  Updated: This one below has SOLD! – Thank you!

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

These are all one of a kind, as they all have different fabrics and elements added in. They all come as pictured (that means with the straight pins and safety pins you see in the books).  Three of these have elastic and button closures, while the fourth has a seam binding tie.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

There are some blank “pages” for you to add in some of your own favorites ~ buttons, fabric swatches, etc.  On the one I kept for myself I sewed in a Daisy Kingdom button that I had bought years and years ago for something I was going to make for my daughter and I never used it.  I found it in my sewing stash drawers and decided to sew it into my own little needle book as an embellishment and a sweet memory.  Just an idea of what you could add to your own needle book.

SONY DSC

I even made one with a pocket in the back and tucked in this cute little tag with some lace attached.

SONY DSC

I think this one is my favorite.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

It’s not too early to think about Mother’s Day!

SONY DSC

In other news, Wednesday I applied a urethane to the bathroom cabinet and I hope to have that back together and accessorized over the weekend.  So I’ll share that train wreck with you next week!

 

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

There you go again! These are so stinking cute.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Courtney@Golden Boys and Me said...

HI Kathy. These needle books are so sweet that you are making me wish I knew how to sew. Can't wait to see your bathroom. Happy almost weekend!

BECKY said...

SEW cute, Kathy! ☺ Love them! You worked your magic again!
Have a blessed day, my friend!
Becky

Beca said...

Just lovely!
xx Beca

Unknown said...

These are so sweet! I've made needle keeps before and they are a lot of work! I can appreciate all of the details you've included with these! Lovely.

Cynthia said...

These are so great, now if I only sewed I would have a reason to buy one.

Cindy

20 North Ora said...

Adorable!!Judy

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy you are just amazing. Love these!! So so cute!!
Hugs, CM

NanaDiana said...

Those are just the cutest things, Kathy! You did a great job on them. My favorite is the one with the spool on the front, too. xo Diana

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

SO cute, Kathy!

Createology said...

Your little needlebooks are sew sweet. How fun to select fabrics and covers and little elements to embellish. Great little gifts. Sew bunny is also uber cute! Creative Sewing Bliss...

Blondie's Journal said...

Kathy,

These are crazy cute...are they at all for those who only sew by hand...I would love one! Great job and such a creative idea!

I want to see your bath! We are always putting off doing both of ours...each needs different things so it should be interesting!

Thanks always for your visits and very sweet comments. Yep...hope to wear those dancing shoes soon! :)

Jane x

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

They are absolutely DARLING, Kathy!

Unknown said...

OMG there are gorgeous! Brilliant idea!

Domestic cleaners Ashford

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love these little needle books. I bet you do very well with them in your Etsy shop.

Okio B Designs said...

Soooo darn cute!

Jeanine

Laurel Stephens said...

Your needle books are adorable. I love the covers and fabrics you used and all the little details. Cute!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

These are so, so, so cute!!!!! I love the SEW..a needle pulling thread! Brilliant!! And I think the measuring tape will be adorable on them!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

these are just darling, kathy! such a pretty way to stay organized:)

Tea in the Library said...

These are so darn cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...