Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Signs of Spring

Inside maybe, but outside ~ not so much.  The day I took out my Spring and Easter decorations it was cold, windy, raining and snow showers were in the forecast for overnight.   I hoped that putting some Spring out might help it feel that much closer.  I started with my fireplace mantel. 

2013 02 26_0531

I removed two faux candles with monograms from the candle holders and placed my Fitz & Floyd black and white rabbits on them.  These rabbits are a sugar bowl and creamer.

2013 02 26_0532

That’s why the one rabbit looks like he’s singing.  He’s the creamer.

2013 02 26_0534

I turned around and did my wood sectioned tote on the coffee table next.  I added a few pieces I picked up at Hobby Lobby last year.

2013 02 27_0555

I was happy to see my bunny couple again.

2013 02 27_0556

2013 02 27_0557

The little chick shares an Easter greeting.

2013 02 27_0558

Over on the kitchen counter, I brought out the wire basket I put together last year with some moss, burlap garland, and a couple of other bunnies I had.

2013 02 26_0536

On the table in the dining area, I put two more white bunnies that I’ve had for years on the wood tray.  I have to find something to put around their necks, I think.  They did have blue ribbons and little mauve colored hearts at one time.  I originally got them back in the early 90’s and those colors were “in” at the time.

SONY DSC

Under glass I have a faux chocolate bunny that I picked up last year at an antique mart.  Always difficult to get a picture of something under glass.  I’d like to find a few more of these faux chocolate bunnies.

2013 02 27_0559

My little candleholder bunny from the Pottery Barn outlet {last year}.

2013 02 27_0561

All these bunnies are in addition to several I keep out year round anyway, as I am a bunny fanatic.  I tend to lose track of how many I have!  My granddaughter likes to go around the house with me looking at all the bunnies, so I think there may be someone else who shares my love of bunnies.

Linking up with

Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life

Winter Blues Wednesday at DIY by Design

34 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

Your Easter decorations are absolutely beautiful. I love it all. It's cold here too, but I am trying to start my Easter decorating. Apparently a big snow storm coming on Wednesday night...I am so over this winter.

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy! I love all of your bunnies, you have a wonderful collection! We are so ready for Spring, but are now waiting for more snow! Great way to bring Spring inside! :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy...you have the cutest rabbits and I love how you perched some of the on the candlesticks!!...Stay warm...I know that the storm is coming your way!!!

NanaDiana said...

Just LOOK at all your cute and sweet Easter decorations. I just love all your bunnies...and that little black and white one on the candlestick is darling. Happy Easter Early! xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your spring touches look so pretty Kathy! Love the bunnies on the candlesticks and that sweet chocolate one under the cloche!

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Well if you can't have spring outside, you can inside! Our spring teaser is coming to an end with rain in the forecast.

I forgot about my one bunny lol

Marsha

Okio B Designs said...

Your bunnies are just so cute! I tried to trick Mother Nature too by bringing out more spring goodies. Even packed away some winter stuff. It didn't work. Another storm coming tomorrow. Sigh!

Jeanine

Ruth Welter said...

I found my way here through Celeste's blog. Your Easter decorations are truly beautiful. They make me think "spring".

ruth

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your bunnies are so cute, Kathy. I'm ready for Spring. We have a big storm headed our way.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those bunnies on the black candle sticks are sooo cute! I like how you've spread your spring touches around your home.

Fortunately it's starting to look like spring outside even if the temps don't always agree. We do have flowers blooming and trees budding! The grass is getting green and we've mowed once.

farmhouse-story said...

your collection is adorable, kathy! when we moved, i sold all my bunnies, seeing yours, i wish i had them back:)

priscilla said...

Love all your bunnies .. especially the Fitz and Floyd >> I have the matching teapot on my kitchen table :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You have the most fabulous collection of bunnies. I love them all and your vignettes are just beautiful. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty. Can't wait to feature them.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your bunnies and chicks are darling! I love how you've arranged them in little vignettes. I can't wait to really get into the spring mood!

XO,
Jane

This N That said...

So cute..I just love bunnies..I have to check a couple of boxes but I don't think I moved mine..Just Halloween and Christmas..gotta check..Good reason to buy new ones..

Cynthia said...

I love these bunnies and the chick too. Very nice vignette.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Kathy, I always love your Easter idea! You have the best bunnies and Easter decorations! It's always fun to stop by and see your amazing ideas!

Unknown said...

Everything looks pretty! Love your bunnies and chick!

Unknown said...

Hi I loved your Spring & Easter Ideas. I pinned them & tweeted them. Sooo Cute.

Olive said...

Pretty, pretty bunnies. Love the cloche especially.

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! I just discovered your blog. That does it tomorrow is the day I bring out some spring decor.
Kathy

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
I just love your decor and your bunnies are darling accents. I keep many out year round too.
Love the black and white on the candle sticks.
You have inspired me to get busy and bring out my Easter decor.
Have a great evening.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Karen said...

I love all of your bunnies, but the black and white creamer and sugar bowl bunnies have stolen my heart. Everything looks so pretty.

Laura Turner said...

Love your rabbits and the chick that look like paper mache--remind me of the House of Hatten items that my mother and I collected. Also love the black and white decor! You did a masterful job decorating!

Laura at sundayview.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Kathy, your touches of spring is so pretty! You have an adorable collection of bunnies! Enjoy your day, Gail

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, your house is certainly Springy! I love your pretty mantel display and your other vignettes are so darling! Don't you just love the little bunnies? Your header is most gorgeous too.
Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

I love your spring and Easter decor, Kathy. Cute bunnies!...Christine

Little Miss Maggie said...

Great Easter decorations, Kathy. You're really getting a jump on things.

Debbiedoos said...

Oh how cute. Those are really darling bunnies Kathy.

LuLu Kellogg said...

Love all the Bunnies!

I have been recovering from a big surgery and am now just getting back to Blogging. I have missed reading all your posts! I have a lot of catching up to do!

My Blog is now private so if I have not sent you a link to it, shoot me an email at lulukellogg@verizon.net so I can send you the link!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Jan said...

What a wonderful collection of bunnies - so cute! I think the white bunnies in the dining room would look fabulous with some black and white checked or harlequin diamond pattern ribbons for their necks. Now you've got me thinking about spring decorating. I've still got the post-Christmas winter decorations on my mantel. Hard to get in the spring mood when there's still so much snow around here (SE Wisconsin) and another inch forecast for today. Boooo!

April D said...

So beautiful! I love the "singing" bunny!
You get to go an an Easter Bunny hunt at your house, with your granddaughter! Love it!
I need to hop to finding my bunnies...Easter will be here soon!

Chubby Chieque said...

Wow! You really have the most cutest and my fave this day.

Your PB bunnies are sweet too. I have almost the same but with a very pale pink or just a dash of pink around the lid of the basket.

Happy TTT...

Greetings from Stockholm,
/CC girl

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love your "singing rabbit" :) and the wire basket in the kitchen. It's all very pretty! You can't have too many bunnies. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...