Friday, March 8, 2013

A Project For The Entry Wall

Thank you for all of your suggestions and comments on my post about our small entry/foyer wall.  I read them all and did some thinking about my layout.  I have been working on it and hope to have something to share with you soon.  Meanwhile, I know that I’m not going to have everything I need already to dress up this wall, so while I was in Hobby Lobby for something else, I looked at some of their letters.  They have quite a large selection to choose from.  I chose these ~ an “M”, “P”, and an “&”. 

2013 03 05_0577

I already have the large “K”, which is already up {along with the clock}, but thought it would be nice to incorporate our last name initial and my husband’s initial, too.  I also found this wall frame and used my 40% off coupon on it.

2013 03 05_0576

I very simply took some Osnaberg fabric that I have here and was able to use a scrap piece to put inside the frame.  I originally kept the glass in and glued the “&” to the glass, but it fell off soon afterward.  So, I removed the glass and just glued it right to the fabric back.

SONY DSC

I chose to go with the “&” on the frame rather than the P, which was my original thought, because the two holes to hang the “&” were not even and I know I would have made more holes in the wall just trying to get it right.  I may actually wind up getting two other frames for the “M” and “P” just to give them a bit more importance than how they would look hanging up there on their own. 

SONY DSC

I also saw a bench that might work underneath it all at the local antique mart, but I hadn’t measured the area yet, so I need to check the size before I buy it {there are no refunds}.  I’m happy that I have made a dent in my plans for this wall and will be looking to see what else I can add in as I go along.   I am figuring that it can be a work in progress as I find things.

Linking up with

Be Inspired at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

The Inspiration Gallery at Craftberry Bush

 

22 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the letters, can't wait to see what all you come up with. Hugs, Marty

farmhouse-story said...

that frame's shape is adorable, kathy! your snow pics are so pretty. happy weekend!

Blue Creek Home said...

You are always coming up with such pretty ideas! Love this one.
Rhonda

Gypsy Heart said...

Very nice! The finish of the letters looks great with the frame. Might be a good idea to use 2 more frames with the other letters. :)

Pat

Our Hopeful Home said...

Great idea to use the frame for this!

chateau chic said...

Looks like you're off to a good start with your entry wall, Kathy.
Mary Alice

This N That said...

I'm sure it will look great..Can't wait to see the finished product..

Unknown said...

Hi Kathy! What a great idea! I can't wait to see what you create! I love the colors, and now I want to make one!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Love the letters and your framed &.
I think a work in progress always evolves better then one put together in a hurry. Looking forward to the rest as you create it.
Have a nice weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the frame idea, can't wait to see more!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I like the letters and the way you framed the ampersand. I have a "D" but I'm not quite sure what to do with it...thanks for the inspiration!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great idea with the picture frame....I am very curious as to what your plans are for the foyer wall...I am sure it is going to be fantastic knowing you! Have a great weekend!

Debbiedoos said...

Ahhh...something so simple makes such a cute statement. I love it Kathy.

Okio B Designs said...

Looking good so far! Can't wait to see the rest.

Jeanine

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I've always liked those letters at HL, and that frame is such a pretty shape. Looks wonderful! Linda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Great idea Kathy! Your wall is looking fabulous.

hugs
Sissie

Sweet Melanie said...

I love this idea! The black frame is gorgeous with the added "&"...I love it!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

The frame is cute with the &! I was in HL today and walked out with nothing! Went to Home Goods too and walked out with nothing.

Melissa@daisymaebelle.com said...

What a great project! Love those frames! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Kathy this looks soooo great! Can't wait to see it all together!

You asked if the neighbors watch me in my yard with the dress forms LOL! I often wonder, what the neighbors behind me in their two story house think if they see me....Funny!

See you Monday at the ball!

Carol

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Love that idea! There is just something about initials/monograms/script that I just love.

I understand the work in progress. Just made a list for every room. Now that is overwhelming but also gives me some direction!

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Kathy, I love the "&" on the fabric and framed. I think the M and P in the frames will look great! I can't wait to see what you come up with. Have a great week! ~ Jamie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...