Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quick & Easy Spring Wreath

2013 02 26_0553

I pulled together a quick and easy Spring wreath using the dollar store wreath that I had used for Valentine’s Day.  You can see that post here.  At that time, I had just tucked in the florals and tied on some script wrapping paper.  This made it easy to take apart so that I could use the wreath again.  Here it is stripped of its Valentine’s Day finery.

2013 02 26_0540

I had bought a garland of this hanging greenery last year and used a little bit of it in a few other projects.  I still had a lot left over so I decided to incorporate it into this wreath.  I cut a couple of the longer pieces and after tucking an end into the top, wrapped it around the wreath.  I took a second piece and started at the other side, tucked it into the top next to where the first one was and wrapped again.

2013 02 26_0541

Not so much that it covers the grapevine, but just enough so that I have the grapevine and the greenery showing.  You could leave it just like this at this point, but I thought it needed just a little bit more.

2013 02 26_0550

I had a bag of plastic eggs that I got from Michael’s {I believe} on clearance. It was a good size bag of eggs with some raffia stuck to the bottom of each egg.  I cut the raffia off, figured out placement, and hot glued the eggs onto the wreath.

2013 02 26_0549

I might look to see if I can find a little wood or metal sign with a Spring theme to wire to the inside, but I don’t think it’s too bad for using what I already had.

18 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
Your wreath is simple and beautiful....just what I love.

hugs
Sissie

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Turned out great Kathy!

Oliva uns said...

I love your blog :)
Come and visit me on: www.olivains.com

Okio B Designs said...

Very sweet and so perfect for spring!

Jeanine

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love simply and using what I already have. Expecting SNOW tomorrow, so my spring wreath won't go up yest!
Sweet tea towels!
Warmly,
deb

farmhouse-story said...

very cute idea, kathy:)

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

This turned out sooo cute!

I am so ready for spring this year. The evergreens are dead frozen in my urns outside and I cannot get them out.

Worse yet, the evergreen garland around my front entry has not one but TWO bird nests in it and I do not have the nerve to take it down and disrupt the two little bird families!!!

I can't really decorate for spring here until the evergreens go.
I am so bummed. Would love to do something just like this, Kathy.

Looks great!
xox
A

Unknown said...

Very cute! I love the pretty nature inspired wreaths like yours as opposed to the heavily decorated ones. I need to make my own with garland like you did. I can't find anything around here that I like ready made.

Stitchfork said...

...inspiring me to get out the spring wreaths!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Your wreath looks great, Kathy. I don't know why speckled eggs always make me smile. :) I really need to get something spring-y on my door!

Cynthia said...

Great wreath Kathy.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Your wreath is wonderful. I love the spring feel is gives with the garland and the grapevine. Adding the eggs really is the perfect touch on your door. I love that garland and I used the same one for a kitchen chandelier to give it a spring garden look.
Happy Decorating.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Rebecca Nelson said...

Fast and easy and super cute. WOW girlfriend. LOVE IT!

xoRebecca

This N That said...

Like your header..The wreath will have to wait..Snow is on its way..The wreath is adorable though..

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Love the simplicity of your wreath! Have a wonderful week!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Kathy, it's adorable...I still have my Valentines wreath up!

Carol

Anonymous said...

Kathy, this is wonderful! Love your wreath! I have to give this a try!

Debbiedoos said...

Love it Kathy, easy and certainly says Hello SPring, come on in!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...