Monday, March 25, 2013

Antique Mart Finds

SONY DSC

I’ve had no luck finding a bench with the dimensions I need to fit behind the front door in my front entry/foyer, but I did find a small table at the local antique mart.

SONY DSC

It is kind of rustic looking with a weathered gray finish.  The size works though.  I have a couple of appliques I think I will paint white and attach to the sides.  Since it is not something I would usually go for I am going to live with it for a bit to see how I feel about it.

SONY DSC

I also found this pretty oval frame.

SONY DSC

I originally thought I might paint it, but I am kind of liking the gold.  I’m going to see if I can incorporate it into the gallery wall I’m doing in the foyer.

SONY DSC

I put the French basket and the painted books on the table already.

SONY DSC

I’m just waiting on a few things I ordered from Etsy for the gallery wall before I show it off.  

21 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the table, I think it is wonderful. I can't wait to see what all you do. Hugs, Marty

Stitchfork said...

Lookin' good! Going to be a very welcoming entry!

Okio B Designs said...

Love that frame! Definitely keep it gold!

Jeanine

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Oh, cute bench, I like it just the way it is!!!

xoxo

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the table! Love it!

Homeroad said...

Great table Kathy... I'm pinning it for future reference~!

Susan

Celestina Marie said...

Kathy I love the table you found. What a perfect size. I can't wait to see the finish and the wall as you pull it all together.
Have fun and a wonderful Easter weekj.
Hugs!!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Great finds, Kathy. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished entry. :)

DIYbyDesign said...

I love the rustic look of the table. Perfect.

SImple and Serene Living said...

I love your new little table. Happy to have found your lovely blog through Cozy Little House.
xo
Laura

Kim @ French Country Antiques said...

I think the little rustic table is charming. I have a vintage oval frame similar to the one you found.

This N That said...

It could work..I like that it's narrow..It would be a shame to paint that frame..:) It would look nice framing some needlework..

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I'm loving that weathered grey finish on the table.

Gina said...

The little table is great! I can't wait to see it once you have the whole thing designed. I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

Micupoftea said...

Such possibilities! Looks like you are off to a great start~

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great finds I love the bench!

Carol

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

I can't wait to see what you do with this table! You are the queen of vision! Already your little vignette on it is so cute.

Thanks for stopping by Bunnyville. Funny you mention having had a Bunnykins clock at one time. I just saw that those were made; I'd never seen one, then I saw one at an antique shop. They're very cute!

Happy Easter, Kathy. ~Zuni

Unknown said...

Oh that french basket is so lovely..:)

Android Developer

Cynthia said...

I love your finds. The table is darling and I can't wait to see if you decided to paint it or not. I also love the frame.

Cynthia

Recreate and Decorate said...

That is just cute!

Unknown said...

I love it and I am sure it will be awesome when you have completed your project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...