Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Dress Form Ball

Not nearly as pretty as Carol’s lovely dress form, Belle, are the two small sized dress forms I have in my craft/sewing room.  I am joining in on The 2nd Annual Dress Form Ball over at The Polka Dot Closet.  The first one is a small tabletop size, which I believe was meant to hold necklaces.  I bought it unfinished {from the jewelry section of Joann’s} and decided to dress her up myself.

DSC09011_8058

In the picture above, I had already started.  Using some of my favorite scrapbook papers, I Mod Podged various size pieces of scrapbook paper over the paper mache form, making sure I got a nice full size piece on the back.

DSC09023_8070

DSC09024_8071

I finished her off with a blingy button at the neck and a glass knob that I had in my supplies on top. 

2013 02 25_0526

She sports a small apron that I made from some scrap ribbon and fabric {that I added a sewing graphic to}.

DSC09036_8083

She fits in perfectly on top of my sewing table! 

2013 02 25_0527

My second dress form, in the same room, is a small metal one.  Small is about all I can fit in here, although I would have loved to get a tall, full size one.  I bought this one with the intention of it modeling the children’s aprons I embellish and sell in my Etsy.  Here she is in her everyday look.

SONY DSC

But for the ball, I put her in something a little more fancy!

SONY DSC

It works great for when I am taking pictures of the aprons, but I also have an apron on it at all times to add some decoration.  It sits right by the door into my craft/sewing room and I always enjoy seeing her wearing her apron; greeting me as I come in to make something else.

SONY DSC

I expect there will be some wonderful dress form inspiration at Carol’s party and I’m looking forward to seeing it all!

31 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my word, this is totally amazing. I love the one with the decopage, she is stunning and her necklace and glass knob head is unreal. The iron one is gorgeous too. You amaze me, I couldn't think of this in a million years. Hugs, Marty

Okio B Designs said...

So pretty! Love the little sewing machine apron. Adorable!

Jeanine

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's fun to see what you have done with your dress forms!
Warmly,
deb

Decor To Adore said...

Oh Kathy! That wee apron! I just adore your sweet dress forms!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

those dress forms are darling Kathy!!! I love the stamp you used..
hugs

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Just darling, Kathy! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I hope with the spring thaw we're getting (which is too early to expect that it'll last) that we will eventually get to meet--this spring, I hope! ~Zuni

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ohh, la, la!!

They look great, Kathy!!!

Debbi said...

I love your little sewing and french aprons--how sweet--and your creative work space is amazing Kathy!!!

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Love what you did with your dress forms,Kathy - tres chic.
Hugs,

Marie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Wow, you have been busy. I think they are all so cute I can't even pick a favorite, and those aprons are over the top especially that fancy one.

Beansieleigh said...

Love it Kathy!! A beautiful transformation in every way you style it!.. And very nice meeting you via The Dress Form Ball today! ~tina

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your dress forms and I imagine they are having a fabulous time at the Ball. I did 2 this size as well, but did not put them on a stand. Love it and you have inpsired me to find something for mine. I too have them in my sewing room.
Love your sewing room by the way. What a cozy spot to work, I mean play.

Have fun at the Ball.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh my, when she got out of the carriage in her pink and black lace dress I heard an audible "Oh" from the guests! She is gorgeous and she is having so much fun! What a beautiful creative form! I promise to send her home in one piece when the ball is over. Thank you sooo much for attending!!

Carol

Cynthia said...

These are all gorgeous but the decoupage form is my favorite. Love it!

Cynthia

Ana said...

Hi Kathy,
You did a wonderful job with your Mod Podge dress form. Tres chic. And how cute are those aprons you make. Very creative and talented hands you have :-)

Hugs,
❤Ana

DIYbyDesign said...

I just love the one that you decoupaged. It is beautiful.

This N That said...

Love the decoupage..I'm a collage nut..Very cute..

Kelly said...

Gosh, they're all so nice! You've done a great job making all of those.

Createology said...

Lots of fun in this event. Your forms are lovely. Dancing the night away...

Createology said...

Carol's event is such a wonderful way to meet mutually creative people. Your ladies are wonderful. Dancing the night away...

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Adorable! Both are just so cute and I love the bigger one with the hot pink apron!
Thanks for stopping by, I had heard about putting the slipcovers back on damp, I sure hope I remember this when I do wash them!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love it Kathy...so very pretty!!...Have always wanted an antique dress form, but when I finally find one, they are quite pricey!...Have a wonderful day!

Nanna said...

they are adorable in their aprons, I love the shot of your sewing room! very warm & inviting!
Helen

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Cute, cute Kathy! Love the paper and the apron with the sewing graphic on your first one and the second one sure is pretty in pink!
hugs,
Jann

Kathy said...

I love the papers and the little apron on the tabletop one. I see a little one like that in my future! Thank you for sharing.

Curtains in My Tree said...

I like the paper and mod podge glue form the first one, I am wanting to do that to a big dress form ,

It was fun seeing you at the Ball

20 North Ora said...

Your ladies are so pretty and all ready for the ball!

Judy

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely dress forms Kathy!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love the decoupaged dressform - especially the little apron!

Laurie said...

I love the one you made! And that little apron!! Too adorable!

Debi said...

Hi Kathy! I love both your girls! They are both just stinkin adorable! Their aprons are so cute! I love the papers you used, and the hot pink apron is out of this world! So creative you are! Love Love Love them both! So fun to see everyone creations....this ball was just fab!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...