Thursday, January 27, 2011

New In Etsy & A Snowball Fight

Really quickly, I just want to mention that I just listed these frames, with prints, in my Etsy shop.  This first one is for blog lovers, like myself.

DSC00456_0177

This second one pretty much expresses what a lot of us are doing lately.

DSC00458_0179

DSC00459_0180

As for the snowball fight, I was thinking that many of us have been hard hit by snow in recent weeks.  Some of my bloggy friends are seeing untold amounts of snow in states that don’t normally get snow.  So to keep our sense of humor, I thought we should have a snowball fight!

DSC00329_0059

Rather than do it as a swap, I’m thinking you pick five of your bloggy buddies; maybe someone who needs a pick-me-up.  Make a snowball out of your choice of material {mine will be made with styrofoam balls} and mail them out.   Include with your snowball that the person should write a blog post about it with a link to you {so you might want to choose people that you know will do a post for sure}.  Don’t let them know ahead of time that you are sending them a snowball ~ it has to be a surprise, just like being hit with a real snowball! 

In a few weeks, I’ll do a post and set up a linky and we can see everybody’s snowballs.  Feel free to take pictures of the ones you make before mailing and link up. 

What do you think?  You in?  I’ll be doing it either way, so you better duck ~ I’ll be throwing my snowballs out there soon!

 

Kathy

 

11 comments:

Wendy said...

Kathy,
Love them both, not sure which one I love more!! We just got 5 more inches of snow last night! Cute party idea :)
Wendy

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Love the frames, Kathy!!

LOL, duck! Great idea but with the Marie Event coming up and the fact that lately I seem to be blogging for myself and don't know of five people who would blog about it I'll have to pass!

I hope you guys get some decent weather SOON!!!!

xxoo

Holly Days Closet said...

I love this since we don't get snow here. I so miss having a good snow ball fight. I think I'll do it if I can come up with 5 blog friends.
Holly

One Cheap B*tch said...

Really cute frames and so true about the shoveling part. I'm DONE with winter at this point. The snow pile in front of the house is almost as high as our lamp post...Argh!

Jeanine

Melissa Miller said...

They are so cute Kathy! Precious ideas. :)

Anonymous said...

Haha. Keep calm and shovel snow. I feel you on that! We got another foot of snow today.

The Single Nester said...

Girl, I am so sore from shoveling all of this snow!!!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy!
I love the framed verses. Very sweet.

We don't have snow here yet but to be on the coast where it is normally warm, we are having low temps and rain. Ick!

hugs
Sissie

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

Love the frames and the little sayings! Super cute. Snowball fight that is such a cute idea. If I knew 5 bloggy friends I would join but alas I am not quite as social as you. Sounds super fun though!

12 Months Of Christmas said...

I LOVE this idea! LOVE IT! Being new to this though... I'm not sure how I would go about getting addresses of 5 blogging bud to mail them out as a SURPRISE snowball fight..I'm kinda new at this stuff. Would it be fair to post a "SNOWBALL FIGHT" on my blog and the first 5 to reply would receive a SPECIAL snowball? Providing I get 5 replies... I don't know that I even have that many people that "read" or "look" at my blog.... What do you think? Is the fight on? My brain is going 90 miles a minute! I just can't wait to create my WARM SNOWBALL! :)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas! I love them! SOOOO creative you are!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Kathy,
These look fabulous and I can't WAIT til you see the article I wrote that will go on the blog in a couple of weeks...
and I think I should send you flip-flops instead of a snowball...lol
XO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...