Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thrifty Finds

I went to Goodwill this past weekend and, as typically happens when I go, I dropped off my donations and wound up going home with probably the same amount of stuff.  It’s a good thing I only go about once a month!

I was happy to find a few of the things I’ve been thinking about.  One is this great little collectible shelf; apparently for these bears called Cherished Teddies.

DSC00380_0103

Picture it Heirloom White and in the place of the bear emblem, a wood embellishment.  It will be a beauty to hold those little china tea sets I picked up last year.  

DSC00381_0104

I also found this tall iron stand.  I’m guessing it’s for small plates or maybe cups and saucers.  I’m not sure but I’m debating whether to use it to hold craft stuff or should I make a little coffee/tea area in my kitchen.   I’m going to leave this “as is” and just clean it.

DSC00382_0105

I also found this cut-out metal basket/tray thingy.  I think a bit of scrapbook paper for the bottom and this will remain “as is” as well.  Again, this may work well for a coffee/tea area, so I think I’m leaning that way.

DSC00383_0106

A couple of wood frames.  I love to get wood frames because I find they are easier to just give a quick coat of spray paint. 

DSC00384_0107

This candlestick which is taller than the one I recently purchased at Pier 1 and was three times cheaper.  

DSC00385_0108

I have a few other things I picked up, but I’m saving that for another post.  It is a transformation that I hope comes together as I am seeing it in my mind.  I can’t wait to get started on that and share it with you!

Kathy

16 comments:

Sonny G said...

You sure found some great new treasures..
I do that too... Take a box of stuff and then tell myself I'll just run in and take a peek, always finding a thing or 3 ...

hugs
Sonny

extreme personal measures said...

Ok, Kathy...I know you have a great eye. So, I cannot wait to see what you come up with for the shelf. I would have passed it up. Show me you mad skillz :)

Denise
http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com

Jane said...

It was a good day at Goodwill!! That shelf will look beautiful painted white and a perfect spot for your teacups. And you have the makings of a perfect coffee/tea spot in your kitchen!
Jane

One Cheap B*tch said...

My GW stinks. You always find the best stuff! I went last week thinking people would be cleaning out after the holidays. Boy was I wrong. Can't wait to see your transformations!

Jeanine

Miss Obara said...

I have that same 'disease'; drop off-take more home! I found some treasure recently too, should probably post...sometimes, you have to do that to stay on task, right?! Can't wait to see what else you picked up!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Wow Kathy! You certainly found some great treasures! I especially love the stand and metal tray.

~ Tracy

Room to Inspire said...

You totally scored - again! You really have the eye for picking out the best stuff. I hope you will show us what you will do with each piece!

Chelsea

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great finds. I am always amazed at what great things are at the GW. Your idea of the coffee/tea station sounds wonderful. Love all of your finds. Hugs, Marty

Heathahlee said...

You always inspire me to head out to my Goodwill! : )

Blue Creek Home said...

Love the idea of the coffee/tea station in your kitchen. It would be so pretty filled with pretty tea bags, little spoons for stirring, sugar cubes, etc. I will come and have morning coffee with ya
The other finds are good too!

Rhonda

Scrap for Joy said...

Our GW doesn't have stuff as nice as you've found. The shelf will be adorable painted white for your collection. I do think that stand is for cups and saucers but I bet small bowls would look cute,too....and hold lots of tea supplies. Very cute ideas Kathy!
Joyce

Pamela said...

Great finds Kathy!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, I am loving the tiered stand. You had good luck on this trip. I did the same thing as you today. I dropped off my donations and then went shopping!
Hugs,
Sherry

All That Glitters said...

awesome finds!!! I think I hit a button on my computer and my last comment might have erased! If not, here's some more love!!!!

Jennifer

Mic said...

Goodwill is my favorite place to shop! I usually can find something at a fantastic price! Love your goodies!

CosmoGirl Carla said...

You snagged some great deals, Kathy! I made HUGE drop off last week at GW, but resisted the temptation to drive around to the front and take a sneak peak inside LOL!!! I had tons of errands that day, or I might have come home with the car half full again!

I especially love the tall plate stand you found. Either way you use it, it was a great score!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...