Thursday, January 6, 2011

Children’s Furniture ~ It Ain’t What It Used To Be

Child size furniture has come a long way from the recliners we bought for our kids {back in the early 90’s} from sellers from North Carolina that took over an empty parking lot.   Today’s pieces have fabulous fabrics and designs, and there are many sources besides those I mention here.

The Ava Chair, pictured below, is a line of children’s furniture from Jennifer Delonge.  There is also an adult line, so the children’s furniture could work with the adult size furniture.

 

avachair.jenniferdelonge.2_thumb1

Check out the legs on this table and bench set!  Who wouldn’t like that feature on their adult size table?

milotable.jenniferdelonge_thumb1

For the more traditional minded, how about the Parker wing chair.  Couldn’t you just see a little one reading their book sitting in this chair?

avachair.jenniferdelonge_thumb5

These pieces are from the Jennifer Delonge line and you can visit the website here.   There are many choices in fabric for the upholstered pieces.

accentchair.ioffer_thumb1

From ioffer.com I found this cute upholstered accent chair {above}.

divachaise.target_thumb1

I want one of these Diva chaises from Target for myself!  And how cute is this sofa, also from Target.

sofa.target_thumb1

Below is a beautiful chair and ottoman from Bograd Kids.  They have many other styles and fabrics to choose from, too. 

chair.bogradkids_thumb1

I found this little table and {four} Windsor chairs for FREE!  Someone was throwing them out after they didn’t sell at a yard sale. 

IMG_8499_4835 

We’ll be giving this charming set a refresher with some Heirloom White paint and it will be perfect for tea parties!  I hope to get started on this sometime in the near future and will share it with you when it is done.

Kathy

10 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

Can't wait to see it finished. Love heirloom white.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I love love love the little diva chaise lounge and that first one is so retro. I think I have some fabric like that!!

Oh, what fun you are going to have with tea parties!!!

xxoo

Miss Obara said...

Can't wait to see your finsished project! I just LOVE the table you pictured....I want to be little again!

One Cheap B*tch said...

You're telling me. I can't even flip through the Pottery Barn Kids catalog anymore. I want everything!

J

Creative Grammie said...

What wonderful kiddie furniture, so adorable. I must admit, I'm partial to the pink "diva" chaise. Hehehe.
I can't wait to see what you do with the Windsor set.
Have fun!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - I want some of that furniture for ME! How cute!!!

xoxo
Jen

Allyson Pecilunas said...

That furniture is so cute!! I cant wait to see how you transform your new little table. Have a good week

I started a new blog come check it out if you get a chance

http://noplacelikehomecraftsdecorbyallyson.blogspot.com/

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Kathy,
If you get a chance, please come over to my I Owe it All to Him blog...I did a feature on you!!
XO

Karen said...

I was watching Candice Olsen's new show last week and they were featuring a few pint size chairs with style there too. If I would have had the $$ when mine were small I would have loved the traditional white chair.

Pamela said...

Score!! Can;t wait to see it when you are done Kathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...