Monday, January 4, 2010

Blog Of The Week ~ Much To Do With Nothing

Blog of the Week is back from a brief holiday break and our first blog for the New Year is KiaKai/Kelly at Much To Do With Nothing.   And that’s exactly what she does!  Wait until you see the projects she has tackled {and don’t  be afraid to look back at some of her older posts ~ you won’t be sorry}!

kelly

Kelly’s most recent post was making this slipcover.  She talks about that here.

 muchtodo

She also redid these chairs.  Not so fabulous now, but wait until you see the “after”.   Where some might not give them a second look, Kelly saw beyond the outdated fabrics and  brought them up to speed.  You can read about each one here and here.

muchtodo

muchtodo.chairredo

She turned her dining room into the room she knew it could be.

muchtodo.diningroom

I wish I had the time, talent and skills this lady has!  Here is one of her projects that I think I could handle on my own.  A no-sew lampshade makeover!

muchtodo.lampshade

Head on over to Kelly’s for inspiration, tutorials, and a little bit of “you can do this” attitude to help you get a great start to your DIY and decor related projects in this new year!

 

21 comments:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Thanks for the post...going to check out that lamp shade re-do! Hope you have a outstanding week!

Blessings,
Linda

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Wow - what talent! Amazing!

XOXO
Jen

Jeanette said...

Just lovely. I wish I had a little bit of that talent.

KimMalk said...

Very nice work! The dining room set is beautiful. I'm going to check out her posts.

Unknown said...

Kathy,
Thanks for sharing the information. Your right she is very talented.
Sandy

Design Esquire said...

Oh my goodness! This is a new blog to me. She is so talented! Great post.

Unknown said...

She is the "furniture cover queen." i checked out her blog last week. Wish she lived near me... mishellle

DesignTies said...

Wow, Kelly has done so many amazing projects!! I bought four chairs in March that need to be sanded, painted, and the seats re-covered. If Kelly lived close by, I'd have her do them for me!! ;-)

Happy 2010, Kathy :-)

Kelly

Barbara Jean said...

Great post!

Thanks for telling us about her blog.
Will go check it out.

Sorry you did note win the giveaway at SNS, but I will be having one on my blog soon.
Keep an eye out. =0))

blessings

barbara jean

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

wow, those are really something!
I've dappled with upholstery...it takes alot of patience!
thanks for sharing:)
paula

Verdigris Vie said...

You always find the most interesting people..:-) Can't wait to check her out

Happy 2010

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Kathy,
I knew something was up when I looked at my blog this morning. Thank you for featuring me! This is quite a complement coming from your wonderful blog. You're such a talented person. It's nice to be recognized by you.
Thanks again so much!
Kelly

Dena Pickle said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing...I love the slipcover. I'm defiantely not up for that type of challenge yet!

I hope you had an awesome holiday Kathy!

Anonymous said...

She's one talented lady. I can't believe all of the projects she's completed!

the Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Wow the slipcover is amazing! I wish I knew how to do that. I'd make slipcovers for everything for every season LOL!

Manuela

Unknown said...

Inspiring! Now that Christmas is coming down I can start thinking about some updating! Thanks for the inspiration!

Denise Burks
www.successinthesuburbs.blogspot.com

Miss Mustard Seed said...

She does amazing work! I know that slipcover took a ton of time. Great job.

Absolutely Ladylike said...

Such fantastic makeovers dear Kathy! Thanks for sharing this talented lady's work with us :-)

Cheers: Evi

Wanda Lee said...

Hello there and happy 2010!

I'm visiting all of lovely blogs on "my favorites list" and wishing you lovely folks a very happy New Year as I visit!..,

I want to also extend a very warm invitation to you to visit my little corner of the blogging world for ,Tuesday Tea For Two, as well as for, Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee, for some "eye candy, tea and sweets"!..,

Cheers from Silken Purse @ THe Plumed Pen

Decor To Adore said...

How amazing that she made that slipcover and the chairs are fabulous!

Angie said...

I haven't visited her lately so I'll have to go check out her great projects. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...