Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Top Projects 2009 ~ Before & After

TopProjects
I’m joining in on Southern Hospitality’s Top Projects 2009 Before & After even though I didn’t really have too many projects for 2009.  Our house was on the market during the Summer and up to right before the holidays {when we took it off the market so I could decorate and enjoy the holidays}, so I can’t do too much that would be permanent projects.

I did manage to get a window mis-treatment on our powder room window, which was looking kind of bare after this bathroom was redone.
barewindow
Some fabric, trim, hot glue and upholstery tacks did the job.  You can read about that here.
barewindow
I joined in on The Inspired Room’s Procrastinator Party to finally get four of these chairs painted and recovered.
chair
I show you what I did with them here.
chairs
I liked this picture, but not the frame color anymore.  
picture.before
To bring it up to speed with the 2000’s, I spray painted the frame black here.
picture.after
Finally, while I wait for my sofa slipcover to be done, I’ve been making small changes in my living room.  One of which was painting the decorative grill over the sofa that was blending in with the wall.
grill.before
I spray painted that black to pop a little more.  I just need to paint the screws black and this will be ready for some picture or pictures underneath it.
grill.after
I’ve got lots of projects planned for 2010, mostly involving paint and furniture.  Next up is the living room coffee table.  All things that are coming with me if we do move.


15 comments:

Rue said...

I know all too well the frustrations of selling a house! It took us a year, but it ended up being the perfect time... even if I did want to pull my hair out LOL I hope you're able to sell it soon.

Your projects turned out great! I especially love that little bathroom curtain :)

rue

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Great projects! I think the chairs look SO fabulous. :) Thanks for coming by The Sweetest Petunia!

Melissa said...

Love those chairs, Kathy! Good luck on all of your 2010 plans! :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

It all looks great! Love the chairs and the curtain!

Selling is a pain! Been there, done that ~ got the scars to prove it (emotional). lol

Have a great week!

Lou Cinda :)

Marianne said...

Seeing your little bathroom makeover I really should get some fabric in mine. Love your projects, you seem all ready for the new year. Bring it on!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Great makeovers! I love those chairs!!

Leanne said...

Great projects and I love those chairs. They look amazing! Thanks for visiting and for you comment. Happy New Year!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Kathy, those are some fun projects! I'm glad you got your post together. Love that fabric you used & those chairs are just so cute. Looking forward to sharing more in 2010. It's been great getting to know you.

Kammy said...

Hi Kathy !
Love your changes and I see you love black too !
Kammy

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Good luck with selling your house!

Your window treatment turned out so cute - love that fringe! The chairs came out great too!

Manuela

Jeanette said...

Love those changes you made. It is amazing the difference it made in painting that frame. Wow!

Laura said...

Hi Kathy-
What wonderful projects. I love the shape of those chairs.
What color will your new slip cover for your couch be?

Have a good week-
Laura

Designs on 47th Street said...

Well I for one think you did great on projects this year..especially with a house on the market. I'm really interested to read about your window "mistreatment" because I still have many windows in our new home with only blinds. I'll be checking this out!

Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. Yes, I think the flameless candles would be perfect in arrangements I sell. Don't want any customer burning their house down with a centerpiece I made for them!
Donna

Melissa Miller said...

Very pretty projects Kathy! Love all the of the fabrics.

I hope all goes well and you sell soon. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

I had seen these but it was fun to see them again in one post. You're always creating something! Looking forward to your 2010 creations.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...