Monday, January 18, 2010

A Graphics Fairy Valentine

I’ve been feeling like the Valentine’s Day version of Scrooge since I don’t decorate for Valentine’s Day.  Well, I used to, when my kids were younger, but I really did it for them.

IMG_4409_2164

I had been saving some of the images that Karen over at The Graphics Fairy has offered with a Valentine’s Day theme and figured I should do a little something with them.

I printed out some of her sheet music graphics and these cuties.

 valentine.1

valentine.2

valentine.3

valentine.4

I have about 100 decks of cards in my house.  I’m not sure why, but they came in handy for this project.  I took some of the Hearts cards and Mod Podged the music sheet graphics {cut to size} to the back of the cards.

IMG_4457_2150

IMG_4458_2151

Once that dried, I took the Valentine graphics, cut to allow a little bit of the music to show, and Mod Podged them on top of the cards.

IMG_4503_2178

When that all dried, I used a hole punch to punch a hole in the top of each card to slip some ribbon through. 

IMG_4515_2182

IMG_4520_2184

IMG_4524_2186

IMG_4523_2185

There’s me done for Valentine’s Day!

Linking up to Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy

bragmonday

Don’t forget to enter our Ashley Brooke Designs Giveaway!  Ends Friday!

 

21 comments:

sandra said...

Kathy,this is amazing!!!
I loooove those tags you made!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Karen The Graphics Fairy said...

Hi Kathy,
These are adorable!! I might need to make a few of these. My husband put a deck of cards in my Christmas stocking this year (I think he was at that point where he was just grabbing anything off of the shelves at Walmart to give to me) but I figured I could use them for an art project. And this is perfect for that! I love how you hung them on the candles too, so sweet!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

These are so cute!! I would have never thought to use cards! Great idea!

I don't do very much for Valentine's Day either...I need to get on that!

Have a great week!

Lou Cinda

Red Door Home said...

Very clever. These would also make great gift tags and cards.

Anonymous said...

Oh those are so sweet!

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love how these came out! I love all the images you used!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

So cute! And, I notice we have the same heart ribbon :).

Norma Lee @ Norma Lee Good said...

These are so stinkin' cute! I love how they turned out! I definitely need to hook up my colored printer and say goodbye to my husband's work printer/fax/copier thingymagiggy.

Cindy said...

Dear Kathy,
Just adorable!!! And they look so cute hung on the candles!! Precious idea! Hugs, Cindy Adkins
www.recoveryartist.com

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

I don't decorate for Valentines either. Glad you saw those chairs, maybe you can find a spot for one of them too. I thought they were really pretty & a good buy.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I LOVE this idea. The valentines you chose are adorable...may have to copy this one;)!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I LOVE this idea. The valentines you chose are adorable...may have to copy this one;)!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

Cute, cute, cute! I don't usually decorate for Valentine's day, but those are simple and sweet!

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Wonderful idea and they turned out so nice!

Nicecrane Designs said...

So lovely,,,, i love them,,,,,,,thanks for sharing,,,,,a big hug

Katie said...

Lovely as always Kathy, you might have to get into making ATC you do such a nice job.

Jane said...

Kathy,
These are so cute. They're a great way to add a little Valentine fun to your decor.
Jane

Richella Parham said...

What a great idea to use playing cards! They're a great weight--and we always seem to have part of a deck lying around. No good for playing, but they would be great for this.

I've never printed anything from The Graphics Fairy--you've energized me to go there and take a closer look. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love the tags and what you did with them..really cute:):)

Anonymous said...

That is such a great idea! I never would of thought of that. Very creative. Thanks for checking out my blog. I am glad you liked my Apothecary jars. Thanks

Sandra said...

What a great idea, Kathy! I love it! Ok, I need to make some of these. :) thank you for sharing.
Sandra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...