Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Spare Mantel

Beth over at The Stories of A to Z has started a Friday Mantel party.  Holla!  I’ll be sharing the mantel in our den today.  This is a small room where we do much of our television watching.

mantelparty

While I love the two mantels we have over our fireplaces, since Christmas they have been pretty bare.   Add to this that anything I might have decorated them with is either packed up, given away or sold at a yard sale last year, I don’t have much to even take from another room!

So, here’s what I got for the time being.  I had bought the candles and holders at Home Goods a couple of years ago for a client job, but she changed her mind and I never got back to the store.  I found these in the basement when I was bringing the Christmas stuff down. 

IMG_4386_2096

The art piece in the middle is something I will be talking about in a future post.  I have had it waiting since Summer to go in its proper place.  The “K” I got from Ballard Designs on sale and the topiaries were from Home Goods. 

Maybe next week I can manage to do something with the mantel in our great room ~ currently that one has two larger topiaries and a mantel clock on it.

22 comments:

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

You silly! This is fabulous! And I LOVE the scroll rug spray paint canvas thingy in the middle. Your big K on the end is super chic and the candles make it mantely. It looks great. I'm so glad you joined :).

Taija said...

I'm totally loving the art piece in the middle! Can't wait to hear more about it!

Mrs. Petrie said...

Looks warm, yet modern. I love the big graphic K.

Jeanette said...

I love the thingy in the middle also. I think that is something even I can do! It looks lovely.

Catherine said...

I can't wait to see the story on the art piece in the middle, it's fabulous! Great Mantle!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I really like the artwork in the middle and the "K" makes it for me. Very nice!

xinex said...

The candleholders are really pretty and I like the topiaries and the artwork....Christine

Treasia Stepp said...

It looks wonderful to me. Nice job.

Karena said...

Unique art! I always love to see a great work of art over a fireplace rather than a mirror or decorative objects on their own.

Embellished Bayou said...

That artwork is great, can't wait to hear more about it! Holla!

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

It looks great to me! The artwork in the middle is really neat looking.

I pulled everything off my mantel after Christmas and I haven't redecorated it yet. It's just sitting there bare as can be!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

It's all so very pretty Kathy!

Unknown said...

Looks great, love the large K and the art peice. Thamks for sharing.
Sandy

Anonymous said...

It's looking good! Love your artwork and the K (I need one of those). I think it would be fun to layer the K offset in front of the artwork too. Have a good weekend.

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Your mantel looks great and I look forward to hearing about the piece in middle! My mantel is pretty bare since the holidays too. I need to start thinking about doing something! Yours looks great!

Absolutely Ladylike said...

I adore that piece of art on the second image...it's gorgeous! Congrats :-)

Have a great weekend dear Kathy, cheers: Evi

Julia Feitner said...

I just popped in from Beth's party. Lovely mantle!

Magic Brush said...

Very pretty! I love Ballard Designs!

Grace @ Ruby Moon Designs said...

I love those little topiaries! Nice, simple mantle!

-Grace

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty mantel...it makes a statement. I love the topiary, candles and the artwork!! Very nice!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Simple Home said...

Two fireplaces, you're very blessed. I love the color scheme in this and those little topiary's are wonderful. Home Goods and Hobby Lobby, two stores we don't have but I wish we did. I keep seeing so many nice things from those places.
Blessings,
Marcia

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Kathy...

Beautiful mantel! Wow...lucky you that your client changed their mind about those fabulous candleholders...I love them! Your large initial...so pretty! Now...I'm very curious about your art piece. I just love anything with a beautiful "scrolled" design on it! Can't wait to hear more about the piece! Thank you for sharing your beautiful mantel with us!

Warmest winter wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...