Saturday, January 23, 2010

Re-Nesting A Nest

IMG_4533_2191I found this nest in among the Easter decor at Tuesday Morning.  I don’t know about you, but it gave me flashbacks to the 80’s and the silk flowers used on wreaths then.

IMG_4534_2192

IMG_4535_2193

I also found this burlap bag of speckled eggs.  Hmmm.  So, I bought both because I saw that this nest could, indeed, be saved.

The first thing I did was rip out the fake plants.  It’s looking better already!

 IMG_4536_2194

I took some of the speckled eggs and put them in the nest.  I then took a black and white wired ribbon I had and, using the point of my scissors, started pushing it in to the grapevine of the nest leaving some loops.  The ribbon can be easily removed if I want to replace it with another or add something completely different.

IMG_4537_2195

IMG_4538_2196

Redone, it sits on top of a Goodwill urn that I had spray painted black {that urn held a white feather boa tree for Christmas} and that was just waiting for something to prop up!  I think it needs a little moss, which I’ll have to pick up on my next trip to Michaels.

IMG_4551_2204

IMG_4555_2206

14 comments:

CosmoGirl Carla said...

I think I'm going to have to check out Tuesday Morning. I literally drive by one a couple times a month. But I've never taken a minute to stop in. You've found some real neat stuff in yours, and at good deals.

You really did "save" that poor 80's nest! :o)
The new eggs and ribbon and putting it on the urn . . . it's just perfect now!

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Really cute! Funny but I was in TJ Maxx yesterday and bought a box of speckled eggs too! I love your idea of putting them in a nest.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Much better! Michael's also has their speckled eggs out too. I'm kicking myself b/c I saw a little nest at Home Goods in Coram a couple of weeks ago and didn't buy it. Of course the ones near me don't have it. =(

Heather Henderson said...

great makeover - I saw so many great little eggs at homegoods yesterday, i love what you did with yours :)

xinex said...

Very pretty and so creative of you! I love the colors of the eggs....Christine

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

The ribbon really sets the litte nest off...great job.

Jane said...

Aren't you the clever one!! I love the speckled eggs and may have to make a trip to Tuesday Morning to see if I can find some. The nest looks great and I think propping it on the urn really was the finishing touch.
Jane

Jeanette said...

The change is great. So cute.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

What a great makeover! Very creative.
Daphne

Carolyn @ My Backyard Eden said...

So much better!

Deb Neerman said...

Love what you've done with nest! And those eggs are precious; great make-over!

Gail said...

Oh it looks great now! I like how you added the ribbon. Now you have a jump start on Easter.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Chandra said...

I fell in love with this idea Kathy! What wonderful inspiration!

Heathahlee said...

Too cute! Yes, it definitely needed a redo. : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...