Friday, January 8, 2010

Frugalicious Friday From A Manic Monday

Frugaliciou$_Friday_button

Linking up to Frugalicious Friday over at Finding Fabulous, hosted by Jane.  Thank you, Jane!

After my day job Monday, I headed home to get my tools to go to my last appointment with my newlywed clients.  While I was concerned that the roads were going to freeze up from our most recent snow, I couldn’t just drive past TJ Maxx without stopping in to see what they had.  Plus, I’ve been wanting to see if they have a crown that Chelsea at Room to Inspire and my sister at One Cheap B*tch found. {They didn’t.  I say with disappointment}.

gold crown Photo from Room to Inspire

I did find a few things.  Sometimes I think they find me!  I got this really pretty little white ceramic urn for $3.99.  Not sure what I’ll put in it or use it for yet, but I like little things like this.  If nothing else, it would make a great pen/pencil holder.

IMG_4318_2045

IMG_4319_2046

These Cynthia Rowley Queen size, extra deep pocket sheets, for $39.99.  I need a new set of sheets and I think these will do nicely.

IMG_4323_2050

The last find I’m sharing today are these monogram paper napkins for $3.99 each.  They are a little different than the ones I found at Home Goods several months ago and did my monogram plate with.  And, because I am the bestest big sister ever, I picked up a package for my sister {over at One Cheap B*tch blog}!

IMG_4325_2052

I got a few other things, too, but I’ll save those for next week!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those Cynthia Rowley sheets are awesome! Jealous... :-) Have a good weekend!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You found some wonderful treasures. I love the little urn, and the sheets are just perfect. Hope you have a super day. Hugs, Marty

Decor To Adore said...

I am headed to TJ's today. Love those sheets!

Your new work apron is adorable!

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

fun fun! love that urn!
have a great weekend:)
paula

One Cheap B*tch said...

You rock! =) So very sweet of you!

Connie K said...

What great deals you got ! i love shopping @ TjMaxx 7 Ross they always have great finds ! have a wonderful weekend !

DesignTies said...

Good finds, Kathy!! And I'm lovin' your work apron. Practical AND Chic!!

Thanks for the bathroom praise... I'm really liking the way it's coming together. It hasn't been easy, let me tell you! It seems like every step forward we've been pushed back 2 steps. Literally! For example, the quartz counter we ordered was first delivered last week... and it came in the wrong colour! I thought "Oh no! Did I make a mistake?" Turns out the mistake was the fabricators. So they agreed to re-make it... that version was installed yesterday. Guess what... the sink hole was cut off kilter!! This morning they returned with the 3rd version... and it was pretty close to perfect. Phew!!

That's just ONE of my stories...

Hope you're well!! And Happy New Year!!
Victoria

Jane B. said...

As always...fabulous finds Kathy! Those sheets are gorgeous, and that urn can go anywhere! And it's always fun to break out chic little napkins during coctail hour isn't it? Thanks for linkin' up to FF!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Looks like you found some great little items. Love the napkins! Have a great weekend ;).

Jenny said...

Great finds! I enjoy stopping in at TJMaxx too!

The Feathered Nest said...

Such wonderful goodies Kathy!!! I love getting beautiful things on the cheap! Somerset Life is sold in major book stores, Barnes & Noble, Books-a-Million, Borders etc. and sometimes you can find it at Michael's and Joann Etc. ~ you will love it, it's more things that have been transformed from the ordinary to the extraordinary!! I hope you find it...and your crown! hugs and love, Dawn

Anne Lorys said...

Pretty sheets! And I'd do the same thing with that urn...either pens or paint brushes.

I keep forgetting about Frugalicious Friday until it's already Saturday. Maybe next week!

Anne

Designs on 47th Street said...

Didn't you have a great time at TJM? I'm like you..if I'm anywhere nearby I MUST stop in just in case! Your finds are good ones. What will you do with the crown? I see them everywhere but haven't quite figured out how to fit them into my decor. Love those napkins!

Room to Inspire said...

You scored with a few great finds. I love that little urn! I will have to take a look and see if my TJMaxx has anything like it. And hey, maybe one day that crown will be there!

Chelsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...