Thursday, September 4, 2014

Design Book Library ~ Hers

This will be the last design book library feature. 

This one is a fairly recent design book and is called ~ Hers by Jacqueline deMontravel.  I was most influenced in purchasing this book by the fact that Jacqueline deMontravel is the Editor of Romantic Homes magazine.  For many years I was a fan of Romantic Homes and so I was eager to check out this book.   

SONY DSC

This book is chock full of gorgeous photos and I have chosen some of my favorites to share with you here.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

One of the things I really like about this book is that it is not limited to romantic looking interiors nor is it all white interiors.  You can see that these rooms have personality.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

The main premise of this book is for a woman to be able to find a space to call her own.  Even if it is carving a space out of an existing room.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

In my opinion, there is quite a bit of inspiration in this book, with a variety of décor styles, colors, details and personalities.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I would have loved to share more pictures with you but made myself stop with these.  I went with a random sampling from throughout the book to give you a good idea of what is waiting for you inside it.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I would recommend this book even if you are not looking to make a dedicated space for yourself.  The pictures alone and the decorating ideas are worth it.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

 

11 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

You're right, Kathy. These pictures are so inspiring. Thanks for reviewing this beautiful book. laurie

chateau chic said...

This beautiful decorating book looks like is full of great inspiration! I really enjoyed your post, Kathy!
Mary Alice

sweetvintageofmine said...

What beautiful rooms!! I know I'll be on the look-out for this book...very inspiring! Lovely post, Kathy! Blessings~~~Roxie

Stacey said...

That one looks really nice, Kathy. You are right...it shows a little of everything and it all looks pretty. I've never seen Hers before.

Jacqueline said...

Wow, what a lovely book! Almost like indulging in a box of fine chocolates - fewer calories, but just as addicting!

Anonymous said...

This is such an inspiring book! I have it and love it! You chose some of my favorite photos! Have a great weekend!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, this looks like a wonderful book with great inspiration. I don't have this one, thanks for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

This looks like a great book!!!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed the library feature posts. The pictures you choose to share, are beautiful!

Patty Sumner said...

Great book with some great eye candy.. I love whites but I also love a pop of color.. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you.. I so enjoyed my visit. Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...