Tuesday, September 23, 2014

More Fall

SONY DSC

I left off in my last post with the Fall decorating I did from our front door in through to the living room.  You can see that here.  The dining room is basically the same as I did last year, with my cake pedestal and cream colored cut-out ceramic pumpkin on top of a small wreath as the table’s centerpiece. 

SONY DSC

Different this year are the three ceramic pumpkins I used on the buffet/chest in the dining area.  I put one on the decorative books I keep here to raise things up ~ along with a Pumpkin sign I made.

SONY DSC

Another (the biggest size of the three) sits on a small pedestal I made using two wood elements I found at the thrift store last year.  I painted it Old White so I could use it anywhere in our home.

SONY DSC

The smallest of the trio sits on a Fall candle ring on top of a charger from Pier 1 and is covered with a cloche.

SONY DSC

On the counter separating the dining area from the kitchen, I filled an apothecary jar with some pinecones and a couple of mini pumpkins, topped off with a Gratitude tag.

SONY DSC

In the kitchen, I added some pumpkins to the top of the refrigerator, along with a printable I found on Pinterest (source: Celebrations at Home). 

SONY DSC

I had the French script decoupaged apples. 

SONY DSC

This has become a nice little area to change up. 

SONY DSC

A new towel I made for myself using a store bought ruffled towel.  I found the image on Pinterest (if I can find the source I’ll come back and edit, but I didn’t save it to my Halloween/Fall board so I have no clue who it was from).

SONY DSC

Some white Boo pumpkins got added to my white’s cabinet and some side tables throughout the house.

SONY DSC

Outside the front door I added three Heuchera (I don’t know if that is spelled correctly) around the Japanese Maple and at the base of that planter.  Their purple color seems to work well with the other purples going on here.

SONY DSC

I got two purple and one yellow in the mums that are in the planter.  I tried to get those that were still buds, but just where I can see what color they are.  I’m hoping they will last a little longer for me.

SONY DSC

And a pumpkin for my little bench in front of the Japanese Maple.  Hopefully, they will be around soon to trim up all these bushes.

SONY DSC

I added a little pumpkin to the inside of my lantern and brought out my pumpkin placemat pillows (inspired by Yvonne at Stone Gable).   I think I need a new lantern.  This one was a Goodwill find that I spray painted with Heirloom White.  It doesn’t seem to have held up very well.

SONY DSC

I made the pillows last year and there was minimal sewing involved.  You could probably do something like this with no sewing if you used hot glue or hem tape to close it up.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I have some faux leaves that I added to the urn by the front door last year (see last year’s post here) that I will put in once the plants have just about had it.  I also want something else on the table besides the lantern and I may just get another mum.  Unless I can find the wreath that I used in the pot that I did last year (see link above for last year’s post).

17 comments:

Debbie said...

Love your decor, especially the bunny tray!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love your fall decorating. Everything looks great!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home is so festive for fall, Kathy! I need to get going here! Love the towel you made!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your home is so festive! You're ready for Fall! I love the pops of color you have added with the orange pumpkins! Your towel is adorable! Your entrance is so pretty and welcoming! I love the Japanese Maple, Heuchrea and bench!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy,
Your home is beautiful and your fall decor compliments so nicely. Love your pops of color using the pumpkins.
Your front entrance is so inviting and welcoming. Darling towel too and pillow.
Looks like a beautiful fall at your home.
XO

Unknown said...

Love those pillows! You've done a beautiful job :)

Stacey said...

Kathy, your fall decor looks so pretty! I'm loving your yard. Heucheras are one of my favorites because they come back..here anyway. Gotta love that! Your pillow from last year is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Fun fall touches Kathy! I am coming over to steal that bunny platter. Love it!

Okio B Designs said...

Really sweet fall touches. Those pillows are adorable!

Jeanine

Becca Bertotti said...

Beautiful Fall home, Kathy! I love everything from your inviting entry to your special touches inside! So pretty how you splashed orange around, but, also have your beautiful "white" cabinet, too! I "want" your decoupaged apples and what a cute towel, too! Happy Fall, friend!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Wow, you're set for Fall, inside and out! Love all the pumpkins, cloche, and that tea towel ~ beautiful!
xoKathleen

Dee said...

You did a fabulous job decorating for Autumn. Everything looks so beautiful... :)

White Lace and Promises said...

I love the pumpkin on the compote and the acorns in the jar. The color is spectacular. I'm afraid, I'm not there yet.

Susan' Hearts and Flowers said...

Kathy, I just found your blog and will be following you. You did an awesome job with your fall decorating. Everything looks so pretty!

Stitchfork said...

the colors of fall are the best!
xo

Betty said...

Your fall decor is so beautiful, but I adore those cute ceramic pumpkins.

Tea in the Library said...

Love all your Fall touches. The towel is darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...