Thursday, September 18, 2014

Fall Decorating ~ 2014

We had some beautiful weather come back again this week and I decided to hit the attic for my Fall bins while it was cooler.  I have been liking the simple decorating I have been doing the past three years, since we moved, so I knew I was going to keep it simple again. 

SONY DSC

Coming into the house, on the front door, I hung this narrow basket on the door itself.  It’s a good size and works well since I have a storm door.

SONY DSC

The hall tree got a little Fall with some pumpkins from Becky at Timewashed and a fabric tote (Décor Steals) filled with faux leaf bunches (dollar store).   Over the course of 3-4 years, I treated myself to some of Becky’s pumpkins!  This is the first set I purchased from her.

SONY DSC

Moving into the living room, I went a little different this year and added my boy and girl busts ~ with hats. 

SONY DSC

Love these hats!  The girl’s (orange one) I found at Cracker Barrel.  It is actually a “fascinator” and had two clips on either side for a person to wear.  I removed the clips and it fits the bust’s head perfectly.

SONY DSC

The boy’s hat is a doll hat from the doll crafting aisle at Hobby Lobby.  I also picked up a few things to embellish it with, which I glued on. 

SONY DSC

I gave him a little something on the back of the hat so I can turn it around and have him ready to join in for Halloween, too!

SONY DSC

I put the big black Paris tote away in the attic for now and brought out my small tote for the coffee table.  I pretty much decorated this as I did last year since I was happy with how it looked.

SONY DSC

These florals are bits and bobs from an arrangement that broke and I picked out the florals to keep.  I added in a couple of smaller pumpkins (also from Becky at Timewashed).

I split my Fall decorating up into two posts and next time I will show you the dining area and kitchen.

30 comments:

Sonny G said...

very pretty. love that its beautiful but simple.
cute hats:)
I have'nt done a single fall thing yet. I looked a little bit in the containers in the garage and all I found were my 3 sweater pumpkins.. Hoping the box of fall decor didnt get trashed- yikes lol. oh well I'll get some leaves and stems , play a bit with those and call it Fall..
ps- my email is acting weird- I had to reply to your comment on my blog.
now I'm worried folks wont know that and think I'm just being rude by not answering.. Just got this pc fixed on tuesday but some things jut arent working right..

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Wonderful job! Your basket on the front door is perfect- I need something just like that since we have a storm door too. I like the pumpkins and the tote- looks like your ready to enjoy the season!

Stacey said...

Everything looks so pretty, Kathy! Your front door basket is perfect and I love the fabric bag full of leaves. That idea is so simple but looks so fallish. Your decor works with a little fall here and there since you have black. Love it!

Maria Elena said...

Your Fall touches are gorgeous! Love the basket on your door. Your home looks beautiful!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Very pretty Kathy...I love the basket on your front door!

Debbie said...

Your fall decor is beautiful and colorful. I especially like the hats!

Okio B Designs said...

Oh those hats are just the cutest ever! And I love Becky's pumpkins. Looks ready for fall!

Jeanine

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Gorgeous. I love those hats, how fun and creative are they.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Your home looks so wonderfully festive! My favorite has to be the busts with hats...pure WHIMSY...and I love how you embellished the boy's hat, too!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hi Kathy, love your fall decor. The little girl and boy busts are gorgeous and you have decorated them perfectly.I assume I am looking at your mantel. Such glam details. I want to see more of it.

Debra@CommonGround said...

LOVE the addition of those adorable hats!!

Olive said...

I love the busts with the wee hats.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Love your fall decor starting right at the door, which is a great paint color by the way. LOL Mine is very similar.
The hats on your bust figures are adorable and what a great idea to decorate both sides for the boy.
Love the pumpkins from Becky. They are wonderful. I've been on the bandwagon with these pumpkins as well creating a few. Your coffee table tote is the perfect touch with all the natural elements. Your home is gorgeous with less is more!!
Have fun!
xo

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Very pretty, Kathy. I love the two-fer with the boy's hat- clever. Looks like I'll be missing out on fall decorating this year, and maybe Christmas, too. :P

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Too cute, Kathy!!

Clever with the busts and their nifty new hats!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your Fall decor is so pretty! Your basket with Fall foliage is just perfect for your door! You know I love Becky's pumpkins too- she's very talented! Your mantel looks wonderful with the busts and hats- they're adorable! Thanks for all the inspiration!

June said...

I love it Kathy! It all looks beautiful at your lovely place for fall!!! Your home is so beautiful.
hugs...

Createology said...

Falling into Autumn decor is such a blend of warmth and comfort. Your style is very calming and beautiful. Love the hats on the boy and girl. Creative Fall Bliss...

Cynthia said...

Kathy, I LOVE the busts with those hats!! I have got to get move on with fall.

Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

Kathy...you have so many cute decorations! I really like the basket on your door. I need something for my door badly! And I have to look up Becky...does she have an Etsy shop? I love the pumpkins!

I don't decorate for Halloween anymore but I think you have some scary and classy stuff!!

Jane xx

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

All so very beautiful Kathy..love your front door basket!!

Unknown said...

I love it all! Everything is So Beautiful! Love the Fall, and I really Love the Wall behind the door, you really have have great decorating skills!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Your entry looks so pretty! I love the busts dressed for the season, beautiful.
Hugs,
Patti

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That hats on the busts is my favorite thing! So cute! Everything looks so pretty!

farmhouse-story said...

very pretty decorations, kathy! cute hats on the busts! becky's pumpkins are adorable, aren't they?!

20 North Ora said...

How beautiful!! Love those hats on your boy and girl busts. So cute!

Judy

Unknown said...

Very pretty! The hats on the busts are so fun and I really like the fabric pumpkins. Have a great week!

Blue Creek Home said...

Hi Kathy
I am going to have to 'borrow' your idea for the hats! I have the same busts that belonged to my mom. It is the cutest idea ever!
Everything looks great!
Rhonda

JP said...

Your basket is just perfect for your front door, Kathy and I love the hats on your cute, little busts. I'm happy to be back to visit you again!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Very pretty Kathy...love the hats!!!...and beautiful door basket!!...Looking forward to the other rooms!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...