Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Artist Behind The Etsy ~ The Ugly Duckling 1962

button_edited-1

Being a part of the Etsy community, not only as a seller but as a customer, I have come across many talented individuals.  With this series, I hope to introduce you to some of these creative people, finding out where they find their inspiration, and a little bit more about them.

Hello, hello, hello!  Hope everyone has had a nice weekend so far.  This week’s Etsy shop feature is Jennifer from The Ugly Duckling 1962

theuglyducklingbanner

         Hi my name is Jennifer, I  have been married to my best friend for 34 years. I am the mother of 3 beautiful grown children .  I have been creating forever it seems , even making Barbie day beds and closets etc. out of Velveeta boxes. I was more interested in making a home for Barbie than actually "playing" Barbie.  I`ve always been into home décor, sketching, painting, floral arranging, sewing, embroidery, crochet etc. it`s just part of me I guess.

Upcycled Recycled Vintage Hand Painted Oriental Teacup Saucer Bird Nest Eggs Inspirational Words Altered Art Wall Decor Rustic Farm House 

         I sold on a different website for many years. Then other sellers and customers kept telling me about Etsy. So in 2008 I opened a store and in 2009 I started selling and Never looked back. I LOVE it here!

Upcycled Recycled Metal Tin German Fairy Doll Table Top Garden Planter Rustic French Farm House Great Wedding Birthday Housewarming Gift

Set of 5 Tiny Pastel Color Houses / Vintage Putz Style Christmas Village Scene of Micro Miniature Glitter Sugar Houses Bottle Brush Tree

        I find inspiration in the weirdest things including  pop caps, empty shipping tape cores or a piece of bark or flower. Christmas is a biggie for me, I do a lot of research on vintage and antique ornaments, decorations and  cards. I also love fantasy creatures like gnomes, fairies and mermaids.

 Beautiful Shabby French Cottage Robin Eggs and Nest in Gift box Great Wedding Favors or Gift

Vintage Retro Putz Style Miniature Cobalt Glitter Sugar House Shabby Christmas Ornament White Trees  Bottle Brush Tree

      I love the freedom it gives me to challenge myself in all different directions

 Lighted Vintage Putz Style Tiny Miniature Gingerbread Glitter Sugar House Shabby Christmas Village Tree Ornament

Blue Christmas Retro Shadow Box  Diorama Assemblage Mixed Media Candy Cane Glitter House Vintage Style Glitter Ball Tree Ornament

      All of us artist/crafters have been given a gift and we create because we "have to" but ...the "REAL GIFT" we receive is when a customer tells us that what we created brought a smile to their face and their heart.

Thanks for sharing your Etsy story, Jen!  To see even more of Jen’s creations, you can visit her shop here.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh how cute! I'm going to look at all her goodies. :)

must love junk said...

Jen's creations are so unique and sweet! Thanks for sharing :)
Susan

chateau chic said...

I love Jen's creations, especially the little house Christmas ornaments. So cute!
Mary Alice

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for introducing us to another great etsy shop owner. Jen's creations are darling and I love her shop.
Hugs

Okio B Designs said...

Seriously, the cutest shop ever!

Jeanine

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Jen's creations are darling. so many talented bloggers out there. Thanks for sharing her treasures.

20 North Ora said...

Kathy - Thanks for featuring the Etsy shops you do. That is so thoughtful of you. Am going over to Jen's shop right now.

Judy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...