Wednesday, March 16, 2011

1, 2, 3, Done!

I have a client I’ve been working with and we are currently accessorizing, organizing and doing a temporary facelift to her kitchen.  My client likes to keep things within easy reach while cooking at the stove and I purchased a couple of new things for her to hold her oils and cooking utensils in.

I found these plain boxes at Home Goods.  They fit everything really well and while we are doing mainly black and white in her kitchen, they are kind of plain.  So I thought we could dress them up a bit.

DSC00838_0529

For about $12.00 I got these two monograms for the storage boxes from a seller on Etsy, empressivecreations, that I’ve used a few times.  She is always very helpful to me, especially when I need to figure out sizes. 

DSC00839_0530

After hoping with fingers crossed that I wouldn’t mess up the thin swirls, I applied them as directed and here they are.

DSC00844_0535

DSC00842_0533

DSC00843_0534

Now they are uniquely the family’s and are ready to sit on her counter making functional items pretty! 

Kathy

10 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Kathy, as I said in one of my posts "GOT TO LOVE HOME GOODS"!! I am there once a week to get my fix! Great finds and I love how you added the initial to it. Martina

LouLou said...

I love them! We don't have a HG here, but I keep saying I'm gonna make that trip to Pensacola to go! I would love the info for the vinyl lady. I thought about getting a silhouette, but I won't use it enough to warrant the expense.

Anonymous said...

I think I would be spending lots of time in Home Goods is there was one near by! I have to travel 3 hours away so it keeps me away except on rare occasions!

Love the initial idea!

Gail said...

What a great find at Home Goods and the initials on the boxes was just the right touch to dress them up. I know your client will be happy!

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

K&B by the Sea said...

Nice extra touch to the boxes :-) Sometimes it's the little things that make the biggest impact :-)

One Cheap B*tch said...

Very nice! I would love to do some of those with a B of course! Although I have no counter space. =(

Jeanine

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Kathy,
This is a wonderful idea. I love those boxes and would love to find some like them. I might have to make a little trip to Home Goods.

Great job.

hugs
Sissie

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

What is it about monograms? I love them! To be able to personalize something. I loved it when my kids were little and I could put their names on everything! So these really appeal to me. Great job, Kathy!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, I love these and I love your litte monogram stool too--these are fabulous--and I am a huge fan of monograms!!!
XO

Heathahlee said...

I love those boxes, and love the monogram even more! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...