Thursday, March 17, 2011

New {Old} Floral Arrangement

DSC00821_0494

I had a floral arrangement in a large jug type vase in my entry hall that I took apart a couple of years ago.  I kept everything, but just stored it for the time being.  You can see it in the picture below.  I sat it on the column to add height.

entry

When I took it apart a couple of weeks ago, I took the florals and swished them around in a plastic bag filled with epsom salts {to knock off any dust}.  I then found a pot that my daughter had given me and I had the foam to put inside it.  I didn’t want a tall arrangement again, so I did quite a bit of clipping.

DSC00822_0495

I put the hydrangeas all around the outside and used their leaves to hang over the rim a little bit.  I then put the ranunculus and roses in the middle portion.  I really love it and what makes me even happier is that I just reused what I already had.

DSC00815_0488

DSC00826_0499

I think this would take me right through the Summer months, too!

Kathy

13 comments:

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Just lovely & perfect for the table! Love the price!
CAS

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

Very pretty Kathy! I'd never heard of the epsom salt tip~ I'll be using that one!

Kim said...

I love repurposing old floral arrangements to create new ones. Yours looks great Kathy!
xoxo,
Kim

Red Door Home said...

It is always great when you you can reuse something you already had in a different way.

Blondie's Journal said...

It looks very pretty, Kathy! I'll have to remember your cleaning tip!

XO,
Jane

LouLou said...

It's beautiful and looks so current! I just reused some red tulips that I got from Pottery Barn years ago.... I shortened the stems and stuck them in a jar... Not nearly as pretty as yours though. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, your new old flowers made a lovely floral arrangement! Looks totally different. I do these kinds of things too and now you're making me want to take apart some of my old ones.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I liked the old but love the new arrangement girl!!! Yep, it will add beauty to your lovely table through the summer.

Cover up sweetie, your creativity is showin'!

Have a great day and may it be filled with many Irish blessings!!! :o)

Sonny G said...

looks great Kathy.. those are my fav flowers..

xoxoxox
Sonny

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Reuse and repurpose at it's best! Love the smaller more casual arrangement.

Mind Movies 2.1 said...

Wow! Those flowers sure looks pretty and lovely! I adore them!

Phyllis said...

Your "new" arrangement is so pretty and I like how you used what you had stored. I may even like the after better than the before, but of course, I understand the height in the before as the ceiling is very tall. I love to visit your site.

KimMalk said...

It looks so nice, Kathy. Thanks for the epsom salt tip. I enjoyed another peek of your former home, too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...