Friday, March 4, 2011

What Do You Think Of This?

So you know the screen I put in my living room?

DSC00496_0224

And this fabric I bought recently? 

DSC00604_0320

Well, it struck me that this fabric would really be great for something other than a pillow.  I first thought it would make a nice piece stretched and stapled to a canvas for the wall.  But I already have those canvases I did with the outdoor mat {you can see them in the first picture, but I’m not married to them}.  So that is still an option.

Then I thought, what about behind the screen.  I don’t have enough fabric so I just clipped it up to get an idea.  Since it’s not long enough, I’m just giving you the portion of the screen that the fabric covers.

DSC00602_0318

Since one side doesn’t show me too much, I opened it up and covered two sections of the screen.

DSC00603_0319

What do you think?

I’ve also been eyeing this little foot stool for a makeover.  I pushed it off into a corner for the longest time and I think it’s time it comes back out into the daylight. 

DSC00605_0321

This would be a quick project, too.  A little paint and new fabric on top to replace the fabric and trim I put on it umpteen years ago!

DSC00606_0322

We’ll see how the weekend goes.  Little projects like these actually help relax me, while also making me feel like I’ve accomplished something!

Kathy

15 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
I like it! Looks fabulous and I think the fabric is perfect for your room. Love the little stool too, it's going to be even cuter when you put your magic touch on it!

hugs
Sissie

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am loving that fabric behind that screen! What a great idea! I have some wonderful fabric from Ballard Designs I need to do something with so you have inspired me!

LuLu~*xoxo

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Perfect fabric for the screen! I can't wait to see the stool makeover!!!

xxoo
M

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

I like it...a lot! Love that fabric and putting behind that screen is so unique. Love that little foot stool too....you could have some fun re-doing that. Can't wait to see what you end up doing with it.

Becca Bertotti said...

Love the fabric! It will look great on your screen, too! And, I love your little footstool, too ... look forward to seeing its makeover. Have a great weekend, Becca

Unknown said...

Kathy, You have such a lovely home, and it is so much fun to watch as your projects take shape. That is one cute stool! Can't wait to see it's makeover! Elizabeth

Lynn said...

Kathy, I think that fabric looks wonderful being used inside your screen! I can visualize the top of your footstool being covered in a black/white fabric of sorts.. to co ordinate with the other black/white being used in your room, and maybe having some red hanging down tassles round the edge like they have now, for a ~Pop~ in color!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
~Lynn

Blondie's Journal said...

Kathy...you did a wonderful job with the fabric and screen. Very creative! I love little projects to relax me, but this would be big for me!! lol!

Happy Weekend!

XO,
Jane

Paula ~ castleandcottagesigns said...

I like it alot Kathy! It goes perfectly in your room! If you get tired of it you can always take it down~ I say go for it:)
hugs,
paula:)

One Cheap B*tch said...

I think I'm in the minority here - I like the screen as is but the fabric would look great on the foot stool!

Jeanine

Rhonda said...

I'm joining the "yes" group! I think it looks great on the screen.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Love that fabric! I like the punch it adds to the screen. That little footstool is so cute and will be wonderful redecorated - what fun! Linda

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh, I love the fabric behind the screen!! And aren't screens great? I love them!!!
XO

Unknown said...

I love it! I think it's just what you needed for that cute screen. As for that foot stool....GO FOR IT!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Kathy, I LOVE it! That fabric is awesome and I think it looks fabulous on the screen! Course, now you gotta order more fabric! lol The story of my life! But I think it will be perfect!

Lou Cinda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...