Thursday, March 10, 2011

Cloche~ilicious

Marty at A Stroll Thru Life is having one of her infamous cloche parties and I am joining in with my cloches, apothecary jars and some bird cages.  First up is a clock I found at a garage sale that I turned into a cloche.

DSC00702_0402

I filled it with ceramic letter balls from Michaels.  I think they were either $1.00 each or 2 for $1.00.  Much cheaper {and bigger} than the ones I saw at Pier 1.  Next up is a somewhat medium size apothecary jar that has some moss, a nest with eggs and a couple of twigs. 

DSC00703_0403

A tag tied off on the lid adds just the right finishing touch. Next is one of my dollar store hurricanes filled with some eggs from Tuesday Morning and just tied off with a little raffia.

DSC00676_0382

A tiny birdcage {from Michaels I believe} with a small nest and egg.

DSC00677_0383

The cloche I made out of a vase and glass knob.  I tried mod podging some paper mache eggs and I have those under this cloche and added two tags I made.

DSC00678_0384

A birdcage/cloche from Michaels, also with some moss and a nest with several small eggs.

DSC00679_0385

My dining room cloche filled with wine corks.

DSC00696_0400

DSC00701_0401

The bird cage that I won from Sissie’s giveaway last year.

DSC00705_0405

The mini desk and chair that I bought from Marsha under glass.

DSC00704_0404

Finally, an apothecary jar on my kitchen counter filled with faux lemons. 

DSC00682_0388

Marty’s cloche parties always afford some great ideas when you are stumped on what to actually put under a cloche or in an apothecary jar. 

Kathy

12 comments:

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Fabulous, Kathy, just fabulous!!!

xxoo

Blondie's Journal said...

All of your cloches are great...I can't pick a favorite although I am leaning toward the two fabulous bird cage cloches!! I love your tags, too. Nice touches!

XO,
Jane

Unknown said...

Oh my! I LOVE all of them! I have one of those clock-thingies. It's got a faux plant in it right now, but I might have to switch it up. I've got some of those ceramic balls too, but they're in a glass vase. I just went to Pier 1 tonight and saw theirs. I couldn't believe how much the were. I almost bought an @, though because I don't have one. Anyway, I love the way you put paper over the bottom and I love the tags you put on the others. Beautiful!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Love your cloches and tags! I remember you winning the bird house! I am going to check out the cloche party because I definitely need some ideas!

~ Tracy

Gail said...

Oh Kathy, you have quite a few cloches and all of them are just beautiful! I love them all. Thanks for the inspiration.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Betty said...

They are all so beautiful and I don't know which I like the best. Great job.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy I just love how you did your displays. Love the idea with the wine corks. Have a great weekend, Martina

Just became a follower would love if you followed me back!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So many pretty/creative ideas. I won't try to pick a favorite.
Enjoy your weekend.

lvroftiques said...

Kathy you have such wonderful ideas! I love the numbered balls from Michaels! I have got to look into those *winks* And all your other fabulous cloches and cloche likes are also also soooo cool! Vanna

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

Beautiful displays. I especially love the cork one. Great for my kitchen. ~~Sherry~~

Karyn said...

Hi Kathy!

I love ALL your cloches. I think I have most of the same ones in my house right now, lol! I guess we have great taste? The only one that I haven't done... or come close to doing is the one with the corks. I love it, but just can't seem to save up enough of them. I've thought about just buying the corks, but I can't bring myself to do it. :) Thanks for stopping by!

Karen

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh they are all so creative. I love them. Your little desk and chair are gorgeous, what a fabulous decoration. Love the birdcage too. I love those unusual eggs. Gorgeous. All of your displays are stunning. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...