Thursday, March 10, 2011

An E-consultation ~ Part 2

To continue with the e-consultation I finished this past weekend, the other space we talked about was her family room. This room is open to the kitchen. You can read the background of this room here.

family room

family room.2

family room.3

family room.4

My eyes first landed on the fireplace, as you can see that it, along with the hearth and mantel, takes up a whole wall. The paneling appears to be laminate, but the client indicated that would be coming off. Using the information provided to me, I came up with the following board for the family room.

Prize winner

Chez Valerie Giclee Print
$139 - ballarddesigns.com

Flower Mosaic Print
$219 - ballarddesigns.com

Boxwood Topiaries - Ballard Designs
$49 - ballarddesigns.com

Terracotta Pillar Holders
$25 - pier1.com

As far as furniture, she basically only needed my suggestion as to an entertainment/media center and some side tables. {The counterstool is for the kitchen area, which is to the left of the first family room picture}.  I suggested either of the round tables pictured. One is from Pottery Barn and the other is from Ballard Designs. She liked the legs on the Ballard one better; they are both the same price.

For the entertainment center, I liked this one from Pottery Barn because it has doors to close off the view of any electronic equipment. This can also be pieced together as it would work for you. It also comes in white, black and a wood tone.

Accessories included topiaries, candlesticks and a new picture for over the fireplace. The red box is a great side table piece and would work well to hold remotes, as well as bringing that Asian feel into this room from the entry.

So there you have it ~ a basic e-consultation!

Kathy

6 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Your picks really work with the home and will really help transform the space, great job!! Janell

The Tuscan Home said...

WOW!! Fabulous job, Kathy! I love all your picks, you did a great job! XOXO ~Liz

Tara@JustDevineStyle said...

I think your picks are great. This living room really does need an update. Lovin the TV in front of the TV. That is a design I have not seen before. lol She really needed you!

Ms. Bake-it said...

Congratulations Kathy for being chosen as the designer! I love all your choices as well as the colors. I especially like the Chez Valerie Giclee Print and the dragon. I hope she sends pics to you of the changes so you can share them with us.

~ Tracy

One Cheap B*tch said...

Wow - so many possibilities for that fireplace!

Jeanine

Blondie's Journal said...

I really hope she goes with what you have chosen. It all works so well together and will really transform the room!

XO,
Jane

XO,
Jane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...