Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stencil Madness

If you recall, I had bought some fabric that I just love recently from fabric.com.  I showed you the towels I made with one of them here and the table runner I made with the second one here.  I had some table runner fabric left over and I think you will be pleasantly surprised to see what I made with it.  I’ll give you a hint: It’s NOT a pillow!  First let me show you what I got to do this little stool.

DSC00605_0321

So that’s the stool.  Here is the fabric and using my bloggy friend, Lisa from Pickles and Cheese {the stencil queen in my blogroll} past posts on stencils, here is what I’m working with.

fabric.osnaberg

DSC00827_0518

I purchased this stencil from Etsy and had our last name monogram put on it.  I decided to do three things {all different projects} with this stencil.  I used regular black craft paint because I’m not intending on the items it is being used on to be washed.   So I gathered my supplies.

DSC00829_0520

DSC00830_0521

I did two on the Osnaberg fabric

DSC00831_0522

DSC00832_0523

I have two of this one above, for two different projects.  The third one I did on the remaining fabric I used for my table runner.

DSC00834_0525

So, are you ready to see the actual projects?  The one is on the little stool.

DSC00857_0545

I found a flat, braid-like trim at Joanns that I used to just give a little more finished look.

DSC00856_0544

And I painted the legs a light grey {I just wasn’t feeling black or Heirloom White}.  Although I’m thinking of mixing up a glaze and putting that over the legs.

DSC00858_0546

DSC00878_0570

The second I made into a pillow for my daughter and son-in-law because my daughter told me he would love it.  He loves monograms, which makes it easy for me, because my daughter’s married last name is the same monogram as our last name!

DSC00859_0547

I just need to get a pillow form for it.  The ones I  had at home were too big.

The third thing ~ well, you’ll have to come back and read about it!  This post is just getting way too long, so I split it up.

{Edited to add a link to the Etsy shop I purchased the stencil from}.

Linking up with

All Things Inspired at All Things Heart and Home

Kathy

17 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

Love this project, Kathy!! Great job! XOXO ~Liz

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Kathy,
The little stool is adorable and so is the pillow. I love the stencil idea and I might have to copy it! LOL! I did not know that you could order stencils like yours.

Can't wait to see your next project.
I am going to catch up on a few of your posts that I missed.

hugs
Sissie

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, The stool turned out adorable! I love anything with a monogram and this is a really pretty stencil.
xo,
Sherry

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy I just love them!! I too love anything with a momogram and the one you purchased is so pretty. Can't wait to see what else you've been up to. Martina

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Everything looks wonderful, Kathy!!! I love Osnaberg fabric! It's great for all sorts of things!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great idea, Kathy. The stool is cute. I think the monogram pillow came out wonderful, too! I have to check into these stencils! great job! :-)

XO,
Jane

Gail said...

Kathy, I love your stool and the pillow. The stencil you purchased is just beautiful. They both turned out great. I have a stool in my shed just waiting for a make-over and your stool project would just be perfect. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration.

Have a wonderful day,
Gail

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Very cute stool makeover...love the pillow cover as well.

One Cheap B*tch said...

LOVE!

Tammy@InStitches said...

What a wonderful makeover, you saved that little stool's life !

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Hi Kathy thanks for stopping by, just letting you know the fern came from Michaels not Home Goods. I used 2 in that planter and I have to tell you I think Michaels ferns were the most realistic. Martina

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, your stool is so adorable! What a great makeover.

Kathy

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Great job on that adorable footstool makeover! I love it!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Kathy I love this! And thanks for mentioning me on your blog today. :) That is a great looking stencil...where did you get it? And how lucky that your daughter has a "P" for a last name too....Double duty stencil! All great projects. Careful...it's addicting!

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

How wonderful that your daughter's married name begins with the same letter! Your monogram projects are fantastic, Kathy. And that is one of the neatest stencils I've ever seen. It even passed the "critical" eye of my Yankee - with flying colors. ;)

Blessings,
Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Love them all! Great job :o) You'll have to let us know who you purchased the stencil from. I may need to get me one!

Unknown said...

So great, i love these DIY's, want to make one for me to.

Kiss,
and thanks for share.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...