Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Haven 2013 ~ The BEST Time Ever!

Haven Friends!!

Photo Booth Fun with Porch.com

I was so nervous and excited to be going to Haven for the first time this year.  I wish I had taken more pictures, but here they are {in no particular order}. After flying to Atlanta by myself, the trip started off on a high note as soon as I walked out of the airport to find a cab.   Who do I think I spy in front of me {also getting a cab} but Vanessa from At The Picket Fence!  Squishing down any shyness, I went up to her and asked, “Vanessa?” and thankfully she said, “Yes!”.  I took off my sunglasses and said who I was, got a big smile and hug, and asked her if she wanted to share a cab to the hotel.  

2013 08 01_2114_edited-1

Once we got to the hotel, Vanessa was off to find Heather and I decided to check in to my room.  I took a few shots of the room.  Haven was held at the Buckhead Grant Hyatt and it really was beautiful.  While waiting for the elevator, I ran into Beth from Home Stories of A to Z, and also one of the organizers of Haven.   

2013 08 01_2106

Once I got settled, I went down to sign in at Haven registration and right off the bat met up with Kim from Savvy Southern Style and Shirley from Housepitality Designs.  A little further along, I see Lorraine from Miss Flibbertigibbit, then Karianne from Thistlewood.  I also met up again with Vanessa, who now had Heather with her and gave her a big hug, too!

2013 08 01_2116

Becca from Adventures in Decorating

Fast forward ahead to the cocktail reception that night, here are a couple of pictures of just some of the bloggers attending.

2013 08 01_2108

2013 08 01_2109

2013 08 01_2110

I almost fainted when I saw Karen from The Graphics Fairy.  Beautiful, friendly, and she indulged me in taking a picture together. 

2013 08 01_2119

Too many people to mention, but you may recognize some of them in the pictures!  It was great getting to meet up in person with my girls, Betsy from Coastal Colors and Sheila from Plum Doodles!

2013 08 01_2118

Excitement was high and smiles were everywhere you looked, as some of us met “old friends” we had never met in person before.   

 2013 08 01_2117

2013 08 01_2120_edited-1

I had the best time and crammed as much as I could into the time I was there.  The vendors were very generous and there were lots of giveaways.  The food was fantastic and there was something that everyone could eat {I have to eat gluten free and there was plenty for me to choose from}. 

2013 08 02_2102_edited-1

2013 08 01_2115

Kathy.Sheila

I would highly recommend that, if you’ve wanted to go to Haven and haven’t yet, the nervousness and anxiety just melts away once you are there.  Everyone is so friendly and excited to see you.  Cards are exchanged and new friends are made.  I can’t recommend it enough.  The memories I have of attending the Haven Conference will last me for a lifetime and I will always be able to look back on this as a wonderful experience.  A big thank you to the organizers, speakers, vendors and everyone else involved in putting together this wonderful event!

21 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

It is so fun getting to see everyone's pictures from Haven. It sounds like it was enjoyed by all!

DIYbyDesign said...

Definitely next year. Sounds like it was a great time. Wish I was there!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, your post is great! I enjoyed meeting you and hanging out with you!I loved every minute of Haven and feel like I learned so much! The best part, though, was meeting all my blogging friends like you!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh Kathy!! I just LOVED seeing your face pop into that cab and I'm so glad to have gotten to know you better! :-)
Vanessa

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Afternoon Kathy, My word, everyone seems to have really enjoyed themselves at the conference, and how wonderful to meet friends which you have made via your blog.
I know Buckhead, well I should say I know it vaguely as my daughter used to live in Dunwoody.
I would have loved to have attended, but my daughter now lives in India. Maybe when she returns to live in Atlanta, I will be able to attend the conference. That would be wonderful.
Best wishes
Daphne

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Kathy I enjoyed meeting you at Haven! We never get enough time though! Hope to keep in touch. Come visit me!

Okio B Designs said...

Wow, it really looks like you had a marvelous time. =) Love all the photos and so weird that we recognize some faces just from blogging but haven't actually met each other. I'll have to muster up the guts to go next year with you!

J

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Kathy, Looks like a great time had by all at Haven. Your pics are wonderful. So many familiar faces.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Cynthia said...

Kathy great post and what I am reading from a lot of the ladies is just what you said, it was a blast!!! It would be a dream for me to meet you and all the ladies. So many of them I follow religiously, as I do you. I would love to have input from bloggers to help me out with my blog a bit and I would love to see all the great vendors. Royal Design is one of my favorites. I have been using their stencils for years. I can dream about going and meeting everyone!!

Cynthia

Junkchiccottage said...

Kathy,
How fun was this that you got to go to Haven. It looks like everyone was having a great time.
Kris

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy...Haven was wonderful and so great to meet you finally!!!

Debbiedoos said...

Awww...you know you girls are killing me with these pics! Looked awesome.

This N That said...

What fun it would be to meet all my cyber buddies face to face..Glad you had that chance..

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

It was sooo much fun meeting you and spending time with you, Kathy- a highlight of the conference! I'm really glad you included that photo booth pic of the three of us. Much better than the other one- it is killing me- the horrors of eye bags and circles- ack! :D

RuthAnne@ mayfairecottage said...

Thanks for posting about Haven--it sounds so wonderful! I'm glad you had some gluten free food to eat--I'm also gluten free--and that you had lots to chose from. Would love to go to Haven next year!

Gail said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time Kathy!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Kathy,
Glad to hear that Haven was so much fun this year...hoping it works out that I can go next year.

Blessings,
Linda

Kadee Willow said...

Kathy, I am beyond thrilled for you that you took that leap of faith! I am so impressed at your knowing so many women... remembering their faces and blogs. I would love to hear more about it when you get a chance. Will you go next year?

farmhouse-story said...

great post, you must have had such a great time!

Pamela said...

Sounds like so much fun Kathy! Wish I could have gone. Not sure if I could get over my anxiety issues though.

Anonymous said...

Hello there Kathy - Homes.com & ForRent.com enjoyed the opportunity to sponsor the event and had a great time connecting with attendees such as yourself at the Haven Conference! Be sure to take a look at all the photos from the event on Facebook, tag yourself & share with family/friends! https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151783562125943.1073741827.38844010942&type=3 Excited to chat with you soon! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...