Monday, August 26, 2013

Last Week’s Garage Sale Finds

It was a good week and a bad week for me with garage sales.  Good because I did find quite a few things, but they are all fairly small and for me.  Bad because I didn’t find one piece of furniture {that was reasonably priced} to make over and put in my booth.  Here is what I did come home with.

2013 08 16_2211_edited-1

A bit more up close and with some prices for you.

SONY DSC

I finally found a  pair of ice skates ~ $2.00!  I’ve already got visions of how I’m going to embellish them {which might include the jingle bells {$.50} and/or Let It Snow {$.50} I also picked up} and where I’m going to put them for this Christmas.

SONY DSC

The ceramic pumpkin {$3.00} will be going to my booth {maybe}.  It is probably the only Fall thing I have so far for the booth.   While washing it I thought it might look good on top of the tablecloth {below} as a Fall centerpiece.  It has “cut outs” but it doesn’t hold a candle.  I also knew this witch was coming home with me as soon as I saw her.  Especially for $1.00!

SONY DSC

Can’t resist a handsome snowman!  I found these two at an estate sale.  The cream and brown one {$1.00} I thought would go good on the chest in our dining area {since I have cream and brown in that area}; the bigger, colorful one {3.00} holds a tealight candle and I’m sure will look pretty lit up.  A black metal urn, which I could probably use somewhere in my living room.  For 50 cents I’ll figure it out!

2013 08 16_2212

I was so surprised and delighted to find this Irish linen tablecloth and four napkins set.  For $5.00 I just had to get it and the brown will also go well in our dining area.  I’m picturing this with my Johnson’s Brothers Friendly Village dishes.  It doesn’t look like it was ever even used!

SONY DSC

This window frame mirror, which I will probably just paint white or Old White.  This is for the booth.

SONY DSC

A picture, which I bought for the frame.  I’ll take the picture out and paint up the frame.  I will probably make it some kind of memo board.

2013 08 16_2219

Some really pretty lace for $4.00.  It looks like it is about 3 or 4 yards worth.  That will come in handy on different sewing projects, I’m sure.  This cute little wood ornament {$1.00}.  It looks vintage but written on the bottom it says “1991”.  This will go to my booth.

2013 08 16_2220

An anniversary clock for $4.00.  Worth it for me taking it apart and making it into a cloche/display piece.  I’m not sure if I will keep it or put it in the booth.

2013 08 16_2218

It looks like I won out over the booth this time!

Linking up with

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

 

14 comments:

Art and Sand said...

I love seeing your finds and how you will use them. I am not much of a yard sale or thrift store shopper - never make the time. But, I need to start thinking like all the talented shop owners out there who buy ugly ducks and turn them into swans.

Victoria's Vintage Designs said...

Great finds!!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Wow, you found a ton and it all looks amazing. Love it. Hugs, Marty

Stitchfork said...

One for me, one for the booth
two for me, one for the booth
three for me, one for the booth...
sounds like a good system to me!!

Okio B Designs said...

You found a lot of great stuff! I couldn't get in any sales this weekend but I am determined to hit some this weekend! Wish me luck. =)

Jeanine

Cynthia said...

Great stuff you found, Kathy. A bit jealous, want the skates....mind?

Cynthia

Susan @ SunflowerHugs said...

Good stuff!

NanaDiana said...

Kathy- You found some really GREAT things and the prices are crazy good. Love that witch and pumpkin...along with the ice skates and a lot of your other stuff. Hope you have a wonderful day- xo Diana

Gail said...

WOW Kathy, you did good! Can't wait to see how you transformed some of your goodies! Enjoy your day, Gail

This N That said...

Love the witch..Can't wait to see what you do with all these things..

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh what great finds and I love those ice skates!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Mirrors always sell for me! I would keep the lacy pumpkin too! It seems like fewer garage sales here too! I'm having one in a couple of weeks!
Warmly,
deb

Judy said...

Your little witchy-witch was worth the trip!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Wow, you found some great items. I love the tablecloth set- great buy! I have been wanting to get some ice skates, too, but haven't found any at all, certainly not at that price.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...