Friday, August 30, 2013

Ticking & Toile

SONY DSC

Sorry, sorry ~ I captured your attention under {almost} false pretenses.  I promised I wouldn’t show any more of the Christmas things I’m making, but I had to share the stockings I made up for the hubs and I.

SONY DSC

Ticking for him and toile for me!  I did a regular cuff on his and I gave mine a little ruffle instead of a cuff, but using the same black and white check fabric.

SONY DSC

SONY DSC

I’m sorry to say he wasn’t impressed, so I had to turn to my bloggy friends!

SONY DSC

I love them and I can’t wait to put them up come Christmas decorating time.

SONY DSC

In case you’re wondering, I got all the fabrics for these two stockings at fabric.com.

SONY DSC

Meanwhile, I have also started on the other stockings that will be divided up between three places now.  My Etsy, my booth, and now a gift shop for a Dickens Festival in December.  I was invited to display and sell my things in the gift shop for the Dickens Festival at St. Anne’s Hill Historic District in Dayton, Ohio.  I’m honored to have been invited, but that means I need to keep my nose to the grindstone on making holiday themed items.  A little hard to do when it is 80 degrees outside! 

17 comments:

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy these are wonderful!

So sorry hubs isn't thrilled, I can relate all too well!

Congrats on the Dicken's thing - that is, indeed a big deal. You will do so well and it is going to be fun to see how things churn out for you.

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

They are lovely and look wonderful hanging at your fire place, Kathy.
Congratulations on the invitation to the Dickens Festival. I can imagine that you'll be quite busy creating all kinds of Christmas items.
Hugs,
Julia

Sonny G said...


those are beautiful Kathy.. tell the Mr. Sonny called him Scrooge lol

Penny Carlson said...

Those are wonderful Kathy! I have red toile stockings that someone made for me several years ago and love them.

I love the way you combined the checks, toile and ticking!

NanaDiana said...

LOL- You are WAY too sneaky, Kathy...but thanks for luring me in-those are darling- xo Diana

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi,Kathy. I almost laughed outloud here all by myself when I read about your husband not being impressed...I can just see the scene playing out, probably because it'd be the same scene at our house (I'm still chucking about it), but we really DON'T want them being too impressed or involved, right? :) That's what blog friends are for, and I'm sure we'll all think they're darling (don't tell your husband that word was used! LOL). They'll look great on your mantel. :) ~Zuni

PS - Great news about the Dayton show--congratulations! I'm going to mark my calendar for it!

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

Hubbies, what can you do with them? :) Your stockings are adorable. I love toile and ticking, would love to find some in purple.

Cynthia said...

Kathy the hubby may not have been impressed but I am loving these stockings. So very pretty! Have a great weekend!

Cynthia

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! I wish I was that far ahead in my projects. I'm just now starting fall.

This N That said...

Love the B/W Kathy..What a great look..

Betty said...

They are so cute. Men can be alittle dense when it comes to the little things that make a home and in thise case a holiday.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love, love, love the stockings, they are both so cute. Just make a bunch of these, they will sell like hotcakes. Hugs, Marty

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Well you know I love, love, love them! How cool that you got invited to do that show. You have a busy time ahead of you!

Little Miss Maggie said...

I think they are great, Kathy. Maybe hubby will be happier about his stocking when there are goodies in it. Love the black and white theme.

Junkchiccottage said...

Ohhh Kathy these are gorgeous. I love them. I can't wait to see what you put up in the etsy shop. Sew away girl!!!!
Kris

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Adorable, Kathy! I made all new stockings last year and with my crew it's quite an undertaking. I have to say I've "thought" about Christmas but I haven't made one single thing that's Fall or Winter related. I want to! :) Just hasn't happened yet. Sounds like you're going to be a busy lady over the next few months!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Never fear, blog friends are always here! I personally love them, the toile one especially, but I'm biased toward toile anything. Congrats on the selling opportunities. I would have a hard time making Christmas stuff right now, too. We've been having sweltering heat, can't wait for fall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...