Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Lladro At A Garage Sale

SONY DSC

Well, it really turned out to be an estate sale even though it said garage sale on the newspapers online garage sale page.  Beautiful stuff, some of which I had to pass up because it didn’t meet the rule for myself that it 1. has to fit in my vehicle and 2. I need to be able to carry/move it about on my own.  I did luck out when I saw these Lladro Geese. 

SONY DSC

Lladro was mentioned in the ad, but I never thought there would be any left when I got there or they would be priced too high.  For $12.50 a piece I came home with three!

2013 08 08_2150

SONY DSC

I cleaned them up and put them in my curio cabinet in the living room, which holds all my Lladro pieces. 

SONY DSC

A nice little find that made me feel like I got a beautiful bargain!

Linking up with

Treasure Hunt Thurs. at From My Front Porch To Yours

Open House Party at No Minimalist Here

20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, you really did find a treasure, three of them. Beautiful and the price is unreal. Good for you. Hugs, Marty

Okio B Designs said...

Great prices! Mom would be jealous!

Jeanine

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh my...this was one super NIFTY THRIFTY find!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful price for those beauties!

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

What a fun and fabulous find, Kathy!! I have some of these pieces--love the detail and simplicity. Happy for you! ~Zuni

Cynthia said...

WOW what a score. I collect Lladro pieces too. I have many that they don't make anymore. They were collector club pieces. Many of them are beautiful. You got a really great deal. I also like your rules. They are a good idea so you don't wind up buying things you may regret.

Cynthia

Unknown said...

What a wonderful find! I collect Lladro also and these would be so fun to have! Congrats!!~~Angela

This N That said...

Good find..bargain indeed..

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Who drove the getaway car? :) Great find.

Tazas y Cuentos said...

They are lovely! Lladro pieces are very expensive here, lucky you! I have some great pieces that were from my MIL and I love them.
Besos from Argentina! Silvina

dee -@ The Old Fat Hen said...

they look good I bet you are very happy-love dee x

SheilaG @ Plum Doodles said...

You hit the jackpot, Kathy- it's always fun to find something special when you're not expecting it.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Kathy, I bet you were excited to find these. They were a wonderful find. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

What a great buy!! Lucky you!! Thaks so much for your visit!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Maureen said...

I bought the same three oon my honeymoon in bermuda 36 years sgo and paid much morr for them. U got a great deal! Enjoy them.

Stitchfork said...

Goosed! Great find K!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a great find Kathy...they are beautiful!

Debbiedoos said...

WOW girl that was a score in a half!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Fantastic price on those pieces! What a score - I know you were doing a little happy dance :)

Vel Criste said...

You know, I actually have the same set of ducks I scored at an Antique Mall for a similar Price!!!! you really can't beat it's beauty and value and for the price? The icing on the cake!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...