Saturday, April 14, 2012

Guest Room Ready

Today is my hubby’s birthday; he’s 48.  Six months younger than me {I  know, I was a cradle robber}.   His oldest sister is coming to visit us from New York today {staying for the weekend} to surprise him for his birthday.  I had about a week in between my son’s leaving from his visit and my SIL’s visit to get the guest room in shape again.

DSC06935_6008

I think she will be comfortable in this room.

DSC06918_5991

I’m letting her look at some of my new magazines.  The remote is handy for any late night or early television watching she might want to do. 

DSC06923_5996

Once she is here, I’ll bring in a couple of bottles of water and, maybe, I’ll share my chocolate.  Maybe.

DSC06926_5999

See those two side tables? They are on the list to be painted.  They go with the bookcases that are in my sunroom {you’ll see them next week}.  I’m thinking of trying the ASCP French Linen and these two pieces are just two of the pieces I’d like to try with that paint.

DSC06936_6009

As soon as I make the last monthly tuition payment for my son’s college for this semester, I’m ordering an upholstered headboard for this bed.  It’s got a linen-like slipcover to it.   I’d also like to get a Frenchy looking sign to put over it; I’m not sure what ~ maybe “Guests”, maybe “Sweet Dreams”, any ideas?

DSC06919_5992

Now I’ve got to go pick her up at the airport.  Since hubby is home my excuse for going out is to return something to Hobby Lobby.  I expect his eyes will glaze over at that announcement and the surprise will be pulled off!  Fingers crossed!

I will announce the winner of the I Brake For Yard Sales book giveaway tomorrow morning!

23 comments:

The Tuscan Home said...

Beautiful in every way! The room looks sophisticated, comfortable, and cozy! Happy Saturday! ~Liz

Karena said...

Kathy how great to surprise your husband!! Also I think the side tables will look so good in the ASCP French Linen!

I am having a $100 Gift Card Giveaway from Soft Surroundings If you would like to enter.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karen

Jodie said...

Oooohhh. Very comfy. I love the drapes with the two different fabrics. When can I come visit?

Sonny G said...

The room looks great and your SIL will love staying in it Kathy.

Happy Birthday to your Hubs.. have a wonderful time.

Unknown said...

Your guest room looks very welcoming and cozy. I'm sure your guest will be very comfortable. The headboard sounds like a great idea. Bonne nuit or fais de beaux reves -Good night or sweet dreams on a sign would be cute.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such a lovely room. I am sure she will be more than comfy here. Happy Birthday to your DH and I am sure he will be totally surprised. Have fun. Hugs, Marty

NanaDiana said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby, Kathy! I hope he has a wonderful celebration and is surprised by his sister coming to visit.

Love the room..magazines...water...chocolate (maybe)and a TV remote. Sounds like a fine hotel to me. As for the sign over the bed-I think it should be reversible. Lovely and welcoming on one side and if someone overstays their welcome you can slip in and flip flop it to the YOU GO HOME NOW sign. Just an idea.....xo Diana

Blondie's Journal said...

The guest room looks beautiful, Kathy! Very cozy and comfortable. I am sure your SIL will love it! I wish I could see your hubby's face when she walks in! Have a wonderful visit and Happy Birthday to your guy!

XO,
Jane

Teresa said...

With that bedroom she won't need your chocolates ahahahah. After all it's not your sister.

The bedroom is lovely lovely, dreamy indeed.

Enjoy!

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

The guest room looks great just in time for your sister in law's visit...what a wonderful thing she is doing...such a nice surprise for your hubby!....

Have a great birthday celebration weekend with you family!!

DIYbyDesign said...

The perfect guest room. I hope your husband is totally suprised and has an awesome birthday!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Beautiful, Kathy!! I need a new headboard for my guest room too, but it'll have to wait for now. I like the solution you have for now, but I know the room will look that much more pulled together when you get the new headboard. Take care.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Kathy,

A beautiful room, a sweet surprise and I love all your plans for the future......but question: your DH doesn't read your blog??!!

To be honest I am not sure mine does, either - but maybe occasionally - ? I like to think so but I highly doubt it, haha.

Have FUN!!

And happy birthday to your hubs!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The guest room looks perfect and I know your sister in law will love it. I love French Linen and I thing it will look great on your nightstands.

Where are you getting your headboard from? I have been looking for one.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

Ah, you both are babies still, tee hee

What a wonderful surprise for your hubby!!!

Have fun!!!

xoxo

P.S. The guestroom is lovely!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy Birthday to the hubs Kathy!! My hubby turned 48 last month. Your guest room looks beautiful, your guests are never going to want to leave!

KimMalk said...

The room looks ready, Kathy--I can't wait to see those nightstands in French Linen and if you don't care for the upholstered headboard, you can send it my way!

Mdegraeve said...

Looks lovely. happy birthday to your hubs.
how about "peaceful nights" or "sweet nights" , I'm a sucker for something different....
-blessings:)

Debbiedoos said...

I know I would be comfy. Great looking guest room Kathy. Loving the drapes in there too.

Gail said...

Beautiful guest bedroom Kathy and I know she will love her stay! Happy Birthday to your hubby and enjoy your visit with your sister-in-law...what a sweet surprise!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

You will love the French Linen and I am sure any guest is comfortable in that room.

Our Hopeful Home said...

You're too funny, I am 10 months older than my husband and he's always telling people that he's younger than me! The room looks very inviting, any guest would love it. Hope your husband was surprised and had a very Happy Birthday! Family is everything.

xoxo
Kathleen

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

Your guest room is gorgeous. I love the color combo and how you tied the drapes, bedspread and art together.

Dee

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...