Thursday, April 5, 2012

My New {More Versatile} Tote

It took me a little longer than I would have liked since I had to paint in between cleaning for my son’s visit, but it’s done!  If you remember I had gotten this red tote just before Christmas last year.

DSC06455_5548

And it worked great! I loved how my Christmas décor looked in it. 

DSC04213_3476

Come Valentine’s Day, I still loved it as I filled it with the hearts I made for my Etsy shop.

SONY DSC

Then ~ nothing.  I didn’t like any ideas I was coming up with and it finally dawned on me that it was because it was red.  So, what do you do?  You paint it!

DSC06615_5703

I painted it with the white chalk paint I mixed up and applied some clear and dark wax.  I am so mad at myself, because I wanted to show you a picture of it just white, before the waxes, but I was so happy it was finally dry and ready for wax that I just went at it.

DSC06616_5704

DSC06622_5710

Much better! I’m much happier!

DSC06621_5709

DSC06623_5711

Maybe I can find a little red one at the antique mart to use at Christmas again {because I really did love it then} or ask hubby to put something together for me.  I think this piece is a lot more versatile now and I will be able to decorate it a lot easier, too! 

Linking up with

Vintage Easter Inspiration Friday at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

23 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Kathy that looks adorable! I love changing things up with paint and cute vignettes, it's a whole new look.

Unknown said...

Well I still like the red....but I will agree that the cream looks great!

Red Door Home said...

Paint is always a great way to make an easy change. Love the white!

Karena said...

Kathy I adore the tote in white, very versatile. And you can always sand it a bit and paint it it red again for the holidays if you want!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

NanaDiana said...

LOVE it white. It is a lot more versatile for decorating now, isn't it? I hope you can find something red for Christmas next year! xo Diana

Stephanie @ The Cozy Old Farmhouse said...

Love the wooden tote! You made such cute displays with it. Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment on my lamp makeover.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

BRAVO!!!!!

Love it.

Well done, Kath.

At The Picket Fence said...

I love it Kathy! It looks great painted white and your Easter decorations in it are just darling! :-)
Vanessa

Debra@CommonGround said...

yes Kathy, you need one in every color!! at least that's my idea. LOVE wooden totes, I can hardly pass one up. Your bunnies look so cute in there!!

Gail said...

It looks great Kathy! I think you will be happy with it white. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter, Gail

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I love it that color...it is so versatile...super cute Easter pretties!...

Have a wonderful Easter with your family!!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Kathy I like it both colors but the white you can do so much more with, and it will go in any room. Have a great visit with your son and have a wonderful Easter!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

It is darling, so perfect for Easter...Then again you could always paint it red again LOL!

Carol

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Oh yes, perfect for spring. White makes it right. lol

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

What would we all do without PAINT?? Love it in white and you have displayed your decorations so perfectly - Happy Easter

Jodie said...

Ohhhh. I like it. Turned out beautifully.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Kathy,

I love the change and hope you can find another one to use for Christmas.

Happy Easter!

Dee

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Thank You Kathy for stopping by today. And Thank You for the heads up on the word thingie. Your vignettes are beautiful. Have a Happy Easter......Tallulah

Jamie said...

It's so versatile!! I love how you style that tote for the different seasons... it looks really fresh in the white too :)

Unknown said...

That little box is cute no matter what color it is ! But white is much more versatile.

CosmoGirl Carla said...

Hi Kathy! Wow! Just spent some time catching up on your past posts (quite a few cause I've been bad about keeping up lately) and you sure have been busy. Wish I had your energy in finishing all my "whips"! The wood tote looks great in creamy white andI love what you did above your fireplace. Your grandaughter's roomies just previous! What a gorgeous transformation.

Wish we were neighbors so I could feed off your energy! :-)
Have a great weekend.

Pamela said...

Love the tray Kathy! I love how you display the easter figurines in it.

Melanie Statnick said...

Love those eggs! So much colour!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...