Thursday, April 12, 2012

New Look For A Couple Of Pots

It seems that I put things off to the side when they need to be painted, waiting to get a few things together to be painted all at the same time.  Do you do that?  That was the case with these pots {and a shelf}. 

pot.2

pot

Both of these pieces were picked up at thrift stores.  The little one while we were still in New York and the terracotta one just recently at the Salvation Army here in Ohio.  I thought they would work well in my master bedroom as accessories, so they both got a coat of Duck Egg chalk paint.

DSC06508_5601

For the little one, I added some Antique White craft paint just lightly wiped on over the raised area with a napkin.  I kept a wet napkin close by to wipe away what I didn’t want.

DSC06517_5608

I think it turned out great and looks much snazzier than it did in its before state! 

DSC06515_5607

The second pot got some pretty images from The Graphics Fairy Mod Podged on it. 

DSC06519_5610

I always loved this little bird with an envelope nest image.

DSC06518_5609

Here is how they look all done and dressed up!

DSC06633_5716

I left the top peak of the envelope graphic sticking up above the rim of the pot.

DSC06640_5723

Here they are pictured on my Duck Egg dresser {for the moment anyway}.  Have you done any little transformations lately? 

DSC06641_5724

 DSC06635_5718

19 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Love those painted pots. Both turned out so pretty and look so fresh and updated now.

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

We need a painting party. I have several pieces that I want to paint for the flea at the end of the month!

I was hoping to get them today or tomorrow as I am finishing up this week's work but now it's raining!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Love the transformation you made to the pots! Paint ... it's still amazing, isn't it?!?! Hugs ~ Mary

Yayi said...

¡Maravillosas! Una transformación excelente. Te felicito.
Feliz semana.

Decor To Adore said...

I love, love, LOVE the color. Want to paint everything this color!

LuLu Kellogg said...

Paint can make some amazing transformations and this was one of them!

LuLu~*xoxo

Okio B Designs said...

Great color! Love them both!

J

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love that color, Kathy. Great way to unify.

Blondie's Journal said...

Both of these are darling and you did a great job...love that duck egg blue! You've really inspired me to jazz up some of my own pots!!

XO,
Jane

Gail said...

Hi Kathy, I thought I was the only one that did that....wait until I have a pile of stuff to paint! I love the vase and how that turned out. Hope you're having a wonderful day, Gail

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Kathy they look great...Do you ever sleep?...you are always creating some fantastic thing...

Jodie said...

I never thought of chalk paint on a pot. Definitely going to try this. I spray painted some and it took so much paint. Even with a primer. The little one is my favorite. It's darling.

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Hi Kathy,

I do the same thing by grouping similar projects that I want to work on together. Unfortunately for me I procrastinate a lot and some never get done...but the idea is there! lol
I think they both turned out adorable. The vase looks fantastic with the white highlights...big, big improvement! I love your bird egg picture too!

Nancy

Stitchfork said...

Great new colors!
xo Cathy

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love that color and yes, the vase is fabulous!! I do the same thing, I collect everything that needs to be painted and then do a marathon session

Carol

Inspired by you said...

They look fabulous! Thank you for your support! I'm glad you liked Samantha.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Those look so good--love the color!

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

Lovely transformation...I am kind of a Duck Egg Blue gal myself.

janet xox
The Empty Nest

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

What a difference! Both pots looks great.....I'll have to try my chalk paint on something small like those pots. Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...